Newest Member
    e46ds1x
August Discussion

TauntonBlizzard2013

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Couple things of note on the Euro.

The Wed setup looks potentially tornadic with ULL to our NW and sharp digging trough.

Then a day or 2 of cold pool storms Thurs-Fri.

By day10  look at how torched it is up into Canada..extrapolated out ..it matches the GFS/GEFS for the end of the month with over the top heat

Couple things of note on the Euro.

The Wed setup looks potentially tornadic with ULL to our NW and sharp digging trough.

Then a day or 2 of cold pool storms Thurs-Fri.

By day10  look at how torched it is up into Canada..extrapolated out ..it matches the GFS/GEFS for the end of the month with over the top heat

Over the top warmth is really muted if we have a trough over the southeast though. It always is.  I think you're thinking of one of those heat domes spilling down from Ontario..but those setups are a little different.

Over the top warmth is really muted if we have a trough over the southeast though. It always is.  I think you're thinking of one of those heat domes spilling down from Ontario..but those setups are a little different.

Yeah but if you look at 850's on the Euro on day 10..you can see how the flow is WNW..so wouldn't that spill over the top thru the prarires and down into the Lakes and NE US? I don't see any -NAO or anything to shunt it south

Yeah but if you look at 850's on the Euro on day 10..you can see how the flow is WNW..so wouldn't that spill over the top thru the prarires and down into the Lakes and NE US? I don't see any -NAO or anything to shunt it south

Yeah, but if you look at 500mb...you have lower heights kind of tucking in from New England out through the Plains and not going anywhere. I see what you are saying, but those real heat domes are usually when you have a trough in the rockies kicking out the heat over into western Ontario and then moving ESE. It is a warm pattern either way. A true Tip heat release would be the GFS op.Get a trough in the PAC NW to rip the heat east. GFS has been off and on with this...but I think the Pacific mess is probably going to cause some mayhem over the next 5-7 days. I do think the 20th and beyond could have a warm risk for sure.

Yeah, but if you look at 500mb...you have lower heights kind of tucking in from New England out through the Plains and not going anywhere. I see what you are saying, but those real heat domes are usually when you have a trough in the rockies kicking out the heat over into western Ontario and then moving ESE. It is a warm pattern either way. A true Tip heat release would be the GFS op.Get a trough in the PAC NW to rip the heat east. GFS has been off and on with this...but I think the Pacific mess is probably going to cause some mayhem over the next 5-7 days. I do think the 20th and beyond could have a warm risk for sure.

meanwhile in reality time frames Euro advertising +6 to +8 850s overhead, 

Agreed ... and I'd also add that the op. GFS has attempted it's current 12z late middle/ext range concept several times this warm season ...failing miserably every time.  

I'd really like to see something other than a neutral PNAP/slightly negative NAO on the tele's, too.  Although ...yeeeah, I guess if a given negative NAO is E-based with it's block, depending on tricky summer wave-spaces might mean pulling the westerlies into a STR configuration over the east...but that's way too detailed for this time range.  'Sides, the means aren't showing that anyway.  

I just think any meaningful positive departures (if that is what is intended presently) has dubious signals at best for the time being.  We'll see where the means in the modelings evolve...

As we discussed yesterday..TOR potential there on Wed as ULL goes to our NW with trop feed and dews and strong SSE flow

@JoeDawg42: Svr potential Tue-Wed per @CIPSAnalogs. Pattern favors isol tor's w/tropical air & low closing off S Ontario. http://t.co/MhVJ8Lv0t4

Well these 12z runs limited that...but if it goes back to yesterday then maybe.

He tweeted that recently/ As ling as ULL goes north threat is there for all of us . Dews will be near 70 even if E wind.. the fever TOR they were also north of w/f

Well as usual you disagree when it doesn't go your way...but that setup almost CAD the interior. It would be more along the low track which is closer to NYC to CC or SE MA. Yesterday looked better IMO. Perhaps it goes back to that. This is hardly a summer look with a high east of Maine. I do agree near the low track..it's a more classic look..but where does the low go?

Looks like the Euro is cut-off happy again next week. Always way too strong and overdoing the cut offs. How many times have we seen that? GFS couldn't be more different. Spilt the difference

I dunno.  Every operational model there is has a trough amplifying significantly enough that it makes no difference whether it cuts off or not.   The GFS also agrees with the EC about a quasi-closed deep layer vortex at this point, anyway.  

I'm not observing enough modeled baroclinicity to focus cyclogen on the coast.   We need to ease off the Noreaster stuff.   It's more likely that front with a couple cyclonic nodes move up along it, enhancing rainfall and some thunder ... then we end up in a west wind advecting rotted GL summer-polar airmass.  Probably pancake cu type of backside.

Well as usual you disagree when it doesn't go your way...but that setup almost CAD the interior. It would be more along the low track which is closer to NYC to CC or SE MA. Yesterday looked better IMO. Perhaps it goes back to that. This is hardly a summer look with a high east of Maine. I do agree near the low track..it's a more classic look..but where does the low go?

Due North up Tip's fanny?

Due North up Tip's fanny?

Better for Tors..lol. I don't disagree that it's usually a setup for these high shear low CAPE deals..but JMHO...today's models with a secondary a bit further east weren't as favorable. Could it go back west...sure...lots of time left.

Archived