12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
August Discussion

TauntonBlizzard2013

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't say it's a lock, but I think a lot of the U.S. including here in New England could turn pretty warm near or after mid month with troughing in the PAC NW trying to rip some heat east. The GFS op tells the story. I do think some troughing will occur in the east and southeast...but if it's weak or non-existent..we could turn warm. The GEFS don't really agree..but I throw it out there as something to watch. The EC ensembles have some over the top warmth, but we've seen that before...only to cool off. The tropics in the WPAC are going to throw the models into fits. 

I wouldn't say it's a lock, but I think a lot of the U.S. including here in New England could turn pretty warm near or after mid month with troughing in the PAC NW trying to rip some heat east. The GFS op tells the story. I do think some troughing will occur in the east and southeast...but if it's weak or non-existent..we could turn warm. The GEFS don't really agree..but I throw it out there as something to watch. The EC ensembles have some over the top warmth, but we've seen that before...only to cool off. The tropics in the WPAC are going to throw the models into fits. 

Shops closed from mid month on into Sept as we roast

Awful awful thought. Remember that one Oct like 6-7 yrs ago when it was in the 80's most of the month? Leaves were green into Nov . That was a nightmare

Oct 2007...I think we ran about +6 or +7 that month.

Pattern flipped pretty quick though in November that year and we had a rocking Decmeber.

Long range pattern on Euro starting to lose that look it's had all summer. Def a pattern change as we lose the ridge/trough. Think Scooter's right. Torch last half of month into Sept. Losing all that cool in Canada too

The CFS has normal temperatures for the next five weeks for the northeast.

No October has ever been "in the 80's most of the month." October 1963 had the most 80+ days at BDL with 8. Furthermore there have only been 3 Septembers (with 16 days) where you could say it was in the 80s most of the month.

That month in 2007 had plenty of 80 degree readings at BDL. That was what we were saying,Not everyday

Archived