Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
August Discussion

TauntonBlizzard2013

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think Scott can handle your abuse and is going to self-exile himself for the next month.  Maybe he'll remerge for Columbus Day.

Looks like the COC of COC weekends is in store.  Never before has the Chamber enjoyed such unrelentingly comfortable weather--most notably on the weekends.

57.0/52

I don't think Scott can handle your abuse and is going to self-exile himself for the next month. Maybe he'll remerge for Columbus Day.

Looks like the COC of COC weekends is in store. Never before has the Chamber enjoyed such unrelentingly comfortable weather--most notably on the weekends.

57.0/52

Yeah not sure what the issue was considering all the posts of mine bumped first after we mentioned this threat on Monday. Anyway , water under the bridge at this point. Hopefully the big heat the last 2 weeks of the month into Sept doesn't happen.

Yeah not sure what the issue was considering all the posts of mine bumped first after we mentioned this threat on Monday. Anyway , water under the bridge at this point. Hopefully the big heat the last 2 weeks of the month into Sept doesn't happen.

I didn't realize your Dr. Jekyll had returned from your Mr. Hyde persona. Usually, that doesn't happen until after Labor Day. I guess you through the HHH summer  towel in early once you realized it wasn't going to happen this year? 

Or it could be that you find any piece of evidence to fly in the face of a forecast that doesn't go your way. Yes, I find that annoying sometimes.

AWT

strong El Niño is not favored in any of the ensemble averages, and slightly more models call for a weak event rather than a moderate event. At this time, the consensus of forecasters expects El Niño to emerge during August-October and to peak at weak strength during the late fall and early winter (3-month values of the Niño-3.4 index between 0.5oC and 0.9oC). The chance of El Niño has decreased to about 65% during the Northern Hemisphere fall and early winte

AWT

strong El Niño is not favored in any of the ensemble averages, and slightly more models call for a weak event rather than a moderate event. At this time, the consensus of forecasters expects El Niño to emerge during August-October and to peak at weak strength during the late fall and early winter (3-month values of the Niño-3.4 index between 0.5oC and 0.9oC). The chance of El Niño has decreased to about 65% during the Northern Hemisphere fall and early winte

I hope we get some niño. La nada would be less favorable for a big snow year. Also some +enso increases the likelihood of a nice goak and nao combo.

I hope we get some niño. La nada would be less favorable for a big snow year. Also some +enso increases the likelihood of a nice goak and nao combo.

I still think we will get something of a warm ENSO.  Even the stat models are weak ENSO and those are probably less vulnerable to swings like the dynamical models are. I feel like every time there is an oceanic kelvin wave.. dynamical models initialize that and bias warm..only to change to cooler when the wave diminishes a month later.

GFS is an absolute inferno in the long range and Euro was moving that direction by day 10. I have a feeling we are going to be wishing for the summer pattern we've had come Aug 20 and beyond

perfect timing September rocks at the shore, no touristas, kids back in school, awesome time of year

perfect timing September rocks at the shore, no touristas, kids back in school, awesome time of year

Yeah 80s and sun in early September is fine by me. The sun has less bite to it too that time of year.

I personally don't really expect a big step down until October/November. I believe November is our fastest rate of temperature drop for any month climo-wise. Sept drops about 9-10F from the beginning to end of the month for avg highs...Nov is more like 12F.

Archived