Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
August Discussion

TauntonBlizzard2013

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wish this pettiness would stop and we could get back to wx.

Looks like we have smoke in the sky again from Canada fires

Curious as to why you shun a warm September? Normals stay above 70 for a max deep into the month so it typically doesn't feel cool that much. I like be due for a neg flip in temps in November personally. Last October was warm wasn't it?

Curious as to why you shun a warm September? Normals stay above 70 for a max deep into the month so it typically doesn't feel cool that much. I like be due for a neg flip in temps in November personally. Last October was warm wasn't it?

70/45 is good. Gets the leaves changing and starts to get autumnal feel at night and morn. But everything we've heard and now some modeling is signaling a well AN pattern. 80's to near 90 are great in JJA, but sept should start cooling .

70/45 is good. Gets the leaves changing and starts to get autumnal feel at night and morn. But everything we've heard and now some modeling is signaling a well AN pattern. 80's to near 90 are great in JJA, but sept should start cooling .

Normal of 45 for a minimum is rare for September until the final days. I don't know man...this being my 67th autumn and not once have the leaves not changed regardless of a wide variance of conditions.

I honestly have no idea why we are entertaining a torch Sept as a lock, anyways.

If we have some torch days in september who cares any ways, Its not like it never happens, I will probably see my first frost around the 18th or so which happens often, If not it will be the last week which is the avg

Normal of 45 for a minimum is rare for September until the final days. I don't know man...this being my 67th autumn and not once have the leaves not changed regardless of a wide variance of conditions.

2007 with days of 80's into Oct they were mostly green in Sept. I remember driving to work everyday getting angrier by the day looking at them

we accept September as the summer month it is and enjoy the diminished sun angle all the while reaping the benefits of the tourists departing and kids back in school, perhaps the finest month in SNE for beach going, lakes and outdoor activities. Mass media has driving into the GPs psyche that summer ends Labor day, most of us know it does not.

2007 with days of 80's into Oct they were mostly green in Sept. I remember driving to work everyday getting angrier by the day looking at them

Lol....we had some great snows that winter. Fall is worthless to me. Too warm to snow and losing nourishing sunlight.

Lol....we had some great snows that winter. Fall is worthless to me. Too warm to snow and losing nourishing sunlight.

Love fall, crisp walks, football, warm October days, fire pits at night, fish runs, getting ready for winter, apples, pumpkins, perhaps New England at its finest.

we accept September as the summer month it is and enjoy the diminished sun angle all the while reaping the benefits of the tourists departing and kids back in school, perhaps the finest month in SNE for beach going, lakes and outdoor activities. Mass media has driving into the GPs psyche that summer ends Labor day, most of us know it does not.

This.  Hiking and mountain biking is at its best in September...the summer crowds have gone home and you can take a hike on a Wednesday afternoon and not see another person, when you may see hundreds in July/August. 

Yeah 80s and sun in early September is fine by me. The sun has less bite to it too that time of year.

I personally don't really expect a big step down until October/November. I believe November is our fastest rate of temperature drop for any month climo-wise. Sept drops about 9-10F from the beginning to end of the month for avg highs...Nov is more like 12F.

Lowering sun angle, ftw.

Today:  63.8*

Aug 31: 56.3

Sept 15: 50.7

Sept 30: 44.8

Also, pretty darn close to our highest rate of daytime loss, losing 2:20 today (top out at 2:49).

Let the Chamber rock on.

73.8/54

Love fall, crisp walks, football, warm October days, fire pits at night, fish runs, getting ready for winter, apples, pumpkins, perhaps New England at its finest.

Most agree but not me. If it can't be winter let it be summer. No in between. Sure crisp days are a harbinger but the loss of daylight is hard for me along with a work pace going into overdrive Labor Day to Thanksgiving.

Most agree but not me. If it can't be winter let it be summer. No in between. Sure crisp days are a harbinger but the loss of daylight is hard for me along with a work pace going into overdrive Labor Day to Thanksgiving.

I love when it gets dark early once into the cool season of September. Darkness falls across the land.. The mid nite hour is close at hand.. Creatures crawl in search of blood.. To terrorize y'all's neighborhood.

Nice week away with family in Michigan for reunion and other activities.  Couple rounds of golf, some fishing... Saw the movie Lucy and dug it. Can't decide how hot I think Scarlett Johanson is, though.  But then again ... it's apparently boorish now-a days to speak of any woman's name together with any words that imply attractiveness   :facepalm:

Nice to come back to nothing different about the weather pattern.   Nor do I see why any extended warm up ... at least one born of "pattern change" is really all that warranted.  The pattern may relax ... to which some moderating of temperature is certainly plausible.  But the background +PNAP construct is still there from what I am looking at, in both teleconnector tempos and operational trends.  

I mean ... is this another American/New England forum meme that's spontaneously emerged like an arm on a fractal over the last week?   Heh.  Of course, a major pattern/paradigm shift usually is presaged by "relaxation" of a going regime so ...maybe.  We'll see.  

Right now the PNA is in a huge spread ranging from neutralization to maintain positive bias, and despite the PNA supposedly not correlating all that well during the warm season, that's tougher to swallow this particular summer.  Also, the NAO domain, which does correlated somewhat better, isn't flagging much warmth out there in time.  This is just based upon the American ensemble systems, noted.

Archived