northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
February Banter Thread - The SQL - February 21-31st

Deck Pic

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was said earlier but this place ain't for everyone. There is no lack of snark and type A here. It keeps things funny and moving though. Add in the weather and it gets loltastic. If it isn't legit discussion, people shouldn't take things in here too seriously.

I don't think it's so much Type A personalities as it is interwebs tough guys.

Just got in from a gorgeous drive through the Green Mountains (so much unreal beauty with the snow and ice) to unmitigated panic in the disco thread. People need to chill.

I've had 180% of climo snow this year and now my forecast possibly has gone from 6-12" to 5-11".  Abandon all hope :(

I've had 180% of climo snow this year and now my forecast possibly has gone from 6-12" to 5-11".  Abandon all hope :(

I've been out most of the day.  Does the lower amount mean storm cancel?  Need to call the wife and tell her to only get a 12 pack and not a case if we're getting that much less

Phin's mostly right. I don't mind some random posts here and there in the "serious" storm discussion threads, but the long strings of off topic and/or spammy posts irk me. Now I just (mostly) lurk and skim through, with a handful of people on ignore. Seems that me not posting is a mostly mutual change. From a community perspective, I brought too much of a negative attitude to the forum, which I really shouldn't have done. Most people enjoy the way this sub-forum handles itself, so I figured it would be better for everyone without my interjections. When it comes to winter and snow, most of what I'm thinking about is already said by other people anyway, so I wouldn't have much to really add outside of posting my snow maps :P

I do want to thank everyone for the compliments on my forecasts over the season. I appreciate any and all feedback on my forecasts... unless it's 100% trolling.

I've been out all afternoon but just looked at the Euro, GFS, and NAM.  So the "south" NAM and GFS gives us 6-8" while the Euro gave us 10"+.  I'd probably hedge towards a southern precip maxima somewhere just south of EZF, based on how impressive this air mass pushing down is.  I'm not sure the usual north trend will apply with this storm.  I like where DC sits as I think even on the low end, we still see 5"+.  I didn't bother putting this in the model thread as this is just a weenie forecast and not worth the bandwidth of the disco thread.

And wow is that model thread pretty terrible to read.  I don't get why people don't use the banter thread.  

Archived