northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
February Banter Thread - The SQL - February 21-31st

Deck Pic

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With how some are acting you would think that this storm is our last and only chance for snow after a total debacle of a season.  Who cares?  Enjoy what falls and it will probably be a 3 day weekend for many

Dave's posting pics of all his foreign brides that he is making American citizens on Facebook

Phin's mostly right. I don't mind some random posts here and there in the "serious" storm discussion threads, but the long strings of off topic and/or spammy posts irk me. Now I just (mostly) lurk and skim through, with a handful of people on ignore. Seems that me not posting is a mostly mutual change. From a community perspective, I brought too much of a negative attitude to the forum, which I really shouldn't have done. Most people enjoy the way this sub-forum handles itself, so I figured it would be better for everyone without my interjections. When it comes to winter and snow, most of what I'm thinking about is already said by other people anyway, so I wouldn't have much to really add outside of posting my snow maps :P

I do want to thank everyone for the compliments on my forecasts over the season. I appreciate any and all feedback on my forecasts... unless it's 100% trolling.

Glad you posted this. Tbh- I take your snow maps pretty seriously. You typically do as good as anyone overall and don't do the whole first wag final wag before a numerical call sequence.

I get frustrated with useless posts in the disco threads too but I'm also a perp so I can't throw too may rocks at glass houses.

Most importantly...and I mean really important S....Is this whole south thing coming north and is my yard going to be jackpotted so huge that jackpots across the country are going to be jealous?

Since this is banter... Bob I really enjoy your posts. Thank you. I mostly lurk. But every bone in my body says this is not coming North. If I learned one thing here over the years it is the phrase "the trend is your friend".

Sent from my SM-N900V

I kinda feel like even if the maxima is south like it is now that the precip field will be larger north of it. We're at that critical time where big changes are prob off the table overall but little things mean a lot. Sharp cutoffs have a habit of expanding away from and not towards the maxima's. Exceptions of course and different setups do different things and all the typical disclaimers but hedging that way will win more than lose.

If I'm right then people will be happy. If I'm wrong....who cares. I'm just a weenie

Yeah, I really love these outdoor games.  The game in Detroit earlier this year was pure awesome.

They are doing too many of them IMO. It should be the Winter Classic on New Year's day and that's it. It feels like this is the 100th outdoor game this year. First the winter classic...then the two games at Yankee Stadium, then the outdoor game in SoCal, now Chicago/Pitt, etc. and I think I am missing one too. Don't want to have a "too much of a good thing" situation. ;) 

And yeah Yoda, that was insane by Ariza!

Phin's mostly right. I don't mind some random posts here and there in the "serious" storm discussion threads, but the long strings of off topic and/or spammy posts irk me. Now I just (mostly) lurk and skim through, with a handful of people on ignore. Seems that me not posting is a mostly mutual change. From a community perspective, I brought too much of a negative attitude to the forum, which I really shouldn't have done. Most people enjoy the way this sub-forum handles itself, so I figured it would be better for everyone without my interjections. When it comes to winter and snow, most of what I'm thinking about is already said by other people anyway, so I wouldn't have much to really add outside of posting my snow maps :P

I do want to thank everyone for the compliments on my forecasts over the season. I appreciate any and all feedback on my forecasts... unless it's 100% trolling.

Like i have stated many times you're maps and forecasts are great. I still follow them with every storm we get here and they are generally among the best around. I tried to learn from you many times but you don't exactly have the patience of a teacher. I find you to be a nice and affable guy just easy to rile. I would love to have you back posting again because your posts are very valuable and contain great insight.

You always seem to go conservative yet very reasonable with your maps and that works out great around here most of the time. I hope all is well with you and would love to see you post more in the winter.

Archived