Newest Member
    northernriwx
February Banter Thread - The SQL - February 21-31st

Deck Pic

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:huh:

I want snow, but I am actually chiller than normal about this event....which I have stated....I said I needed a break, because  I totally misread the NAM...I've been working like crazy and am tired and for some reason I was treating the 0.25" contour as 0.5".......That is why I  said I needed a break...not because I am melting down....fozz...you're tone deaf, so I didn't expect you to get it...so this is really for Brian

I appreciate your contributions to the board after 1:00 a.m. Last night as my family slept peacefully, I was duck walking across the room when the Euro gave me a foot of snow in the next 48 hours. No idea why either of us would feel tired today.

Been a good season for all of us but no matter whether I am at 44" or 14" I still chase the last event of the season every March. No different this time. Stupid hobby. I invest more in the late season busts because I know it's a long trudge until the next opportunity. If this was it, on to chasing rain.

:huh:

I want snow, but I am actually chiller than normal about this event....which I have stated....I said I needed a break, because  I totally misread the NAM...I've been working like crazy and am tired and for some reason I was treating the 0.25" contour as 0.5".......That is why I  said I needed a break...not because I am melting down....fozz...you're tone deaf, so I didn't expect you to get it...so this is really for Brian

Rest up for the Euro, Matt.  We need you here for it.

hosj III took some grief last night, but if he's really just 14 years old, as a high school teacher, I think I can safely say that I'd be privileged to have him in my class.  He might be pulling our chain about his age, but if not, he seems like a bright and articulate young man.

I think he has lots of potential and he's handled the backlash well.

hosj III took some grief last night, but if he's really just 14 years old, as a high school teacher, I think I can safely say that I'd be privileged to have him in my class.  He might be pulling our chain about his age, but if not, he seems like a bright and articulate young man.

Agreed.  I think people here are a bit tough on him, considering he's 14.  He puts thought behind his posts which says a lot.

Cocorahs brought WV online 5/1/2009. Since then I have reported 212" of precip and 180" of snow. Pretty decent stretch. Above normal for both for the almost 5 years period.

At a 10:1 ratio, that would mean for these past five years, I've averaged 3.6" of liquid annually that fell as snow. Wonder how that would compare to what models projected in the medium range ?

The 60* call for tomorrow I never agreed with and I think all that is showing up is the fact that it's colder in central and northern Maryland tomorrow, so a push further south, but that's not the air that will do it for us anyway. Really going to be special to watch the cold air collaborate with the precip. I am not seeing any real strong high pressure that can get over top the low and push it south, they kinda just work in tandem and blend instead. Tonight's runs do not worry me.

Broke out of the crypt a lil early this evening, eh?

You polish up ye olde barometer for tomorrow yet?

We have an unusual chemistry this year and we're dangerous. No team in the NBA looks forward to playing us. Hot hands gone cold get replaced with hot hands. Most promising team since the new name.

If Nene comes back healthy before the playoffs we can actually make the second round. There is a better chance of these next 2 storms being back to back KU's ala 2010 then they have of making the conference finals. Ariza was just insane tonight.

Archived