joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
V Day II obs

RUNNAWAYICEBERG

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is rain in Boston due to strong east winds warming boundary layer (as the surface temps map suggests), or actually warmer temps aloft? I didn't see any models bringing the warmer temps aloft (850mb and higher) until mid-afternoon.

Relatedly, do we think strong omega can cool the column with the heavier echoes approaching for at least a quick hour or 2 of snow?

It is just that on radar the heavier echoes don't seem to want to come north.  Sorry for the meltdown.  snow growth sucks too but might be improving just now.  If we can have some heavy snow for a few hours this afternoon and end up with 8 that would help me feel better. Thank you for the words of comfort for us weenies...

I think we will, it's just that SNE tends to do better with these stationary WAA bands as initial baroclinic zone tightens aloft. Then it starts moving northeastward as forcing gets stronger. We have to hope for the pivot for the big totals, because we typically don't do well with the wraparound.

Is rain in Boston due to strong east winds warming boundary layer (as the surface temps map suggests), or actually warmer temps aloft? I didn't see any models bringing the warmer temps aloft (850mb and higher) until mid-afternoon.

Relatedly, do we think strong omega can cool the column with the heavier echoes approaching for at least a quick hour or 2 of snow?

attachicon.gifmesomap_11am.jpg

It's low level warmth.  I still have cored rain drops and sometimes it almost looks like it wants to snow but the lowest part of the BL is torched.

Many underestimated the effects of a retreating high.... 

Line in the sand is around I95

Models were hinting at the bent back warm front reaching to near the foothills. That's why I kind of always liked the highest totals there, just on the cool side of that front. You'll be better off than me.

What's your take for the Jackson/Bartlett area?

Nothing to say but EPICOSITY

6 new, 3 per plus IMG_20140213_114118.jpg

Congrats--one of the least fuzzy pics you've posted.  :)

20.2/18 in Shelburne

Archived