Newest Member
    joxey
V Day II obs

RUNNAWAYICEBERG

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Harv's the king.

Good call by him. I was thinking 2-4 for the airport when I went to bed last night, but honestly....the thump got in later than I first thought which also caused the lower numbers as east winds took hold. An hour or two sooner and it would have been a lot higher. Models did a real good job with this...I was wondering if they would be too warm, but they were not...however inland it's going to be colder than modeled...that's how it goes.

Once that omega hits, its going to go pretty nuts for a time...even in Boston. It'll ovbiously be pasty though.

What will this mean in terms of accumulations and why? Interested in the science not the IMBY aspect, emphasize "why". Is it the 850 or 700mb low or something else and is this the backside of the storm (think it is but not sure)

What will this mean in terms of accumulations and why? Interested in the science not the IMBY aspect, emphasize "why". Is it the 850 or 700mb low or something else and is this the backside of the storm (think it is but not sure)

No, I'm just referring to extreme lift and heavy precip that is about to hit in E MA...it cools the column through latent cooling.

I can only recall one other event that busted this badly at this location for warmth early and that was in a NINO year.  Normally this location is a pretty good arbiter of how the CF fight will go N&W of me.

We still have some flakey drops but even in the heaviest of rains it's just not enough, it got too warm too quickly.

35.6 now, steadily going up.  Rain

Archived