Newest Member
    joxey
V Day II obs

RUNNAWAYICEBERG

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

33.0/31 - Very Heavy Snow.

After a brief spike in temp (to 34.6) and a 5 minute change to rain, the snow has returned.

Possibly some of the heaviest snow I've seen in years.  No rain or sleet currently mixed in here.

3.5" and accumulating rapidly.

Westerly RI - 1 mile inland.

The brookline weatherbug just jumped from 30 to 32 with a 31 d.  Should still stay snow long as it doesn't bump too much more.

Temps may come down a degree or two once that heavy band moves in.  RPM was showing this earlier.  Got BOS to 33-34F briefly and then 32F with heavy snow into the early-mid afternoon.  Not sure what it's showing now though.

I have 80/20 Rain/Snow

In Carver you're 80/20 rain?  WTF.  Gully washer here, temp still rising.  I saw KTAN thinking we'd flash over to some snow, not seeing it.  It's just gotten too warm.

http://www.pdfamily.com/weather/mesomap.htm

The coastal front just landed on the north shore...Swampscott and Gloucester rising.

Temps may come down a degree or two once that heavy band moves in.  RPM was showing this earlier.  Got BOS to 33-34F briefly and then 32F with heavy snow into the early-mid afternoon.  Not sure what it's showing now though.

Yep that's the consensus, just advising that didn't happen down this way.  A lot of times it does, we're downpouring and it's just rising steadily.

The radarscope rain/snow product seems to be decent and it's showing a rapid west push now of the changeover line in SE MA. 

I think areas around/west of I95 as always will be fine, but this seems to be setting up west of most thoughts.

In Carver you're 80/20 rain?  WTF.  Gully washer here, temp still rising.  I saw KTAN thinking we'd flash over to some snow, not seeing it.  It's just gotten too warm.

http://www.pdfamily.com/weather/mesomap.htm

The coastal front just landed on the north shore...Swampscott and Gloucester rising.

It's pretty much isothermal right now.  Surface temps are not representative of precip type.  I'm at 35F right now and it's snowly at a moderate clip.

There is a variety of weather across LI right now from rain to heavy snow.  For those areas that can stay snow, this is the mother of all front end thumps. 

We are past a foot here (Smithtown...north shore of Suffolk County) and still snowing at least moderately.  Just some occasional taint over the past half hour, although I expect we'll loose the snow with the dry slot and probably go to plain rain / drizzle.  In the meantime it is an awesome morning.  At one point we had over 4" in an hour.

Temp is getting very close to freezing now (31.6).

Snow depth is now 21".

Archived