• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Central PA & The Fringes - February 2014 III

PennMan

Idk how much we have, but that was a nice burst of snow we got here in Millersville. I would venture to say 1" is certainly doable, if we haven't gotten it already. Radar looks nice out west too

I'm not sure either, but the flakes have an awesome fluff factor to them. An inch or two should be easily attainable by the time this all moves through. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope not the 17th. I'm heading to Spring Grove that day for orientation for a new job with a new trucking company.

Spring Grove! We have been a sort of jackpot area this winter, so don't be surprised if it happens again. Wouldn't be shocked if the final few big storms of the winter were for true central PA, however.

Looking at h5 on ggem one more time, a little vort in the northern stream that breaks off from the main one digging over the lakes prevents an even further west track.  It races out ahead and prevents the flow from backing as fast, that starts the low further OTS before it phases and is pulled back in.  If that northern stream vort is not there, or weaker, might be a great result for central PA.  It wasnt far from a good result.  The trough axis is not in a bad spot for our area. 

Just beatiful here. Big fluffy flakes.

I hope not the 17th. I'm heading to Spring Grove that day for orientation for a new job with a new trucking company.

Spring Grove! We have been a sort of jackpot area this winter, so don't be surprised if it happens again. Wouldn't be shocked if the final few big storms of the winter were for true central PA, however.

Does Spring Grove still smell like, well, Spring Grove?

I grew up right between Met Ed and Parkway Projects in York, wind come out of the wsw, especially in the morning, people would say "wow, can really smell Spring Grove today."

I dated a girl from Spring Grove when I was in High School, she said she was used to it.

Use to be a good place to eat chicken place in spring grove

Papertown Diner?

I think MDT breaks the seasonal low Tues night/Wed morning fwiw.

Meaning they hit -1F or lower?  I would say I have a decent shot of hitting -2 again and maybe -3 if I'm lucky...lol.

Still snowing steadily with fine flakes.  I actually thought it had ended a little while ago until I looked out the back and saw the steady snow falling.  I'm up to 1.2" here.  Probably will fall shy of 1.5" but hey, everything's covered again and it was back to being a "cold" snow like we've seen so many times this season.  Temp holding at 23.2F,

I grew up right between Met Ed and Parkway Projects in York, wind come out of the wsw, especially in the morning, people would say "wow, can really smell Spring Grove today."

I dated a girl from Spring Grove when I was in High School, she said she was used to it.

Papertown Diner?

Here in Hanover you know when a storm is coming in because you start smelling the paper mill with the SE winds. Gets pretty rancid on occasion.

Papertown Diner?

I just text my brother to ask him, but I think it was called water street cafe?

Yes, it still smells. My son constantly complains about it.

As kid in the 70's or early  80's you could  smell it if the wind was right even in Eastern York Co. around Hellam. Technology has taken care of that.

Speaking of York Co they still have around 1000 customers out. Other area Counties  0 or less then 10.

Archived