bowsunski
    Newest Member
    bowsunski
Central PA & The Fringes - February 2014 III

PennMan

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But where does it go at hr84 and beyond? Does it head northeast toward the BM, giving central PA a fringe job, or does it hug and give us a good showing?

996 mb off Cape May, NJ.  Eastern 2/3rds of PA almost always gets snow with this type of setup.  No way the precip is that confined.

He has a source that gets it a bit sooner. What source do you use, Eskimo? 

InstantWeatherMaps.com

Precip field doesn't extend much past philly.

Don't read into the precip field, that usually lags by about 20 minutes when the models run.

996 mb off Cape May, NJ.  Eastern 2/3rds of PA almost always gets snow with this type of setup.  No way the precip is that confined.

Thanks. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

That fooking GL Low again. Just a total killjoy.

Seems to always be present when we have a chance at a good Miller A type storm...

when the upper level low closes off it really sucks in the dry air between this system and the GL low so if legit yea it will keep the precip field from extending too far westward

There will be a very tight western edge to this system, although with a storm taking that track per the NAM, the QPF shield is suspiciously lacking west of the CCB. While the Mid-Atlantic folks celebrate, they are still bullseye with 72 hours out. Not where you want to be

There will be a very tight western edge to this system, although with a storm taking that track per the NAM, the QPF shield is suspiciously lacking west of the CCB. While the Mid-Atlantic folks celebrate, they are still bullseye with 72 hours out. Not where you want to be

It will change every run leading into the event. 

Anyone who has access - what did the 0z ECM have for that lakes system?

to me it looks to be a little bit weaker on the 0z Euro than the 0 and 12z NAM and track maybe slightly further south... not sure how much of an impact the slight differences make between the two models right now

Please tell me why I liked DT on Facebook he literally loves everyone model that shows him snow! Gosh even the 84 hr NAM time to dislike him he is unreal.

DT really does know his stuff... he is spot on if there is a legit threat to the Richmond area or if discussing something not looking to happen in virginia... if models have a fantasy event (like this run of the NAM could possibly be) for that area he will over hype and change his forecasts last minute if it does not pan out... just the way he is with his main clients in that area

It will change every run leading into the event. 

This is why - I'll get killed for this - I think models should all be behind paywalls available to credentialed peeps. Any idiot can read a model (not disrespecting anyone here, no one here is an idiot ... well maybe that one York guy) but it's all modelogy now and not meteorology and it's costing real mets scorn in the public eye. It sucks.

This is why - I'll get killed for this - I think models should all be behind paywalls available to credentialed peeps. Any idiot can read a model (not disrespecting anyone here, no one here is an idiot ... well maybe that one York guy) but it's all modelogy now and not meteorology and it's costing real mets scorn in the public eye. It sucks.

This is a good point, these Facebook posts with a random model run have made things way worse with the public than it used to be.

I agree. Even most hobbyists, myself included, lack the knowledge to do much more than regurgitate model data verbatim and it seems that some people don't know what they don't know and end up looking foolish.

Archived