• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Central PA & The Fringes - February 2014 III

PennMan

F the snow then, that is much more important and a long time coming :)

I know, trust me. Most things are more important than the weather to me. No sense getting upset over things you can't control, and weather is certainly one of those things.

That being said, I hope it doesn't snow. I've stayed home the past few events because I don't want her to go into labor and have to wait an hour and a half for me to get home to take her to the hospital. Getting sick of making up time on Saturdays.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know, trust me. Most things are more important than the weather to me. No sense getting upset over things you can't control, and weather is certainly one of those things.

That being said, I hope it doesn't snow. I've stayed home the past few events because I don't want her to go into labor and have to wait an hour and a half for me to get home to take her to the hospital. Getting sick of making up time on Saturdays.

youre a good hubby -- maybe she will go into labor before the start time Wednesday and you won't have to worry about it! You can enjoy the snow and a new baby in the hospital :D

Dude, congrats on the upcoming kiddo. We don't (and won't) have kids so I know little about the child birth, however I do know enough to give this sage advice: DON'T WATCH, DON'T LOOK.

There goes the meltdown in the Mid Atlantic subforum.  Weenies jumping off the cliff over the thoughts of a driving rainstorm for DC S&E.

The thing that's rough for them is given the warmup next week and their March snow climo this could be their last chance. 

Yes, it was '96. If I remember correctly, the NWS was playing catch up during the last 24 hours as they kept upping totals. I think as close in as the day before, I think we were only supposed to get 3-6 at the most in Allentown.

That was in the AccuWeather "Hall of Victory" which was their forecasts which were better than the competitors. I'll give them, they were the only one to forecast any snow at all in Pittsburgh. 

Dude, congrats on the upcoming kiddo. We don't (and won't) have kids so I know little about the child birth, however I do know enough to give this sage advice: DON'T WATCH, DON'T LOOK.

Thanks, and thanks Jamie.

I have no desire to see exactly how a bowling ball fits through a toilet paper tube. I'll be posted at the head of the bed.

Totals per region

True Central

UNV - 0.62"

AOO - 0.93"

JST - 0.71"

IPT - 0.69"

FIG - 0.3"

LSV gang

MDT - 1.83"

LNS - 1.92"

THV - 2.12"

Pittsburgh gang

PIT - <0.1"

LBE - 0.48"

AGC (Allegheny Co Airport) - 0.21"

Northeast

AVP - 1.17

MPO (Mount Pocono) - 1.3"

Thanks Mag, seems like the Euro is the western most solution right now?

1996 was a nightmare for me. I was working when that went down. My daughter had here home destroyed and we rescued a lot of people who refused to leave when they were ordered to evacuate. Then become trapped.

Six of the 18 flood-related deaths occurred in Lycoming County, where property damage exceeded $100 million. Four occurred in Lycoming Creek, a small stream just west of Williamsport. Eyewitnesses reported that a four-foot wall of water roared down the narrow creek after an ice jam upstream broke loose on Friday evening.

Frank Kangenski, 77, and his wife, Gladys, 75, who live in Trout Run, midway up the creek, drowned when their car stalled in a cornfield as they attempted to outrace the rising water. Neighbors could hear Kangenski calling for help but were unable to rescue the couple.

Mary Ann Blair, 38, of Cogan Station, drowned after being swept off the roof of her mobile home along the creek.

John Keck, 68, of Landisville in Lancaster County, died when his car was swept off a bridge on Route 14, which runs along the creek.

``There is devastation all over up there,'' said Old Lycoming Township Police Chief Salvatore A. Casale. ``We have approximately 3 1/2 miles of creek where all the homes are destroyed.''

Ice caused damage in all three watersheds, but it especially wreaked havoc on the Susquehanna. River-watchers are comparing it to the flood of 1904, when March rains melted ice that was 10 feet thick in places and sent train-sized icebergs and other debris hurtling downstream. Entire islands were eradicated in the flow.

But where does it go at hr84 and beyond? Does it head northeast toward the BM, giving central PA a fringe job, or does it hug and give us a good showing?

to me it looks like it would get kicked out around h84 and beyond with a 992 low over northern minnesota/wisconsin

Archived