joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA & The Fringes - February 2014 III

PennMan

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Snow just started here... nice banding headed east, I am sure I will get about an inch at least, but just as I feared the best snow growth region has obviously pushed north.  All morning was getting super fluffy flakes that would have piled up nice if we could have held that profile, but now the snow is small grains and icy consistency.  Lucky if its 10-1.  Oh well...Even an inch will freshen up the snowcover nicely.

Snow just started here... nice banding headed east, I am sure I will get about an inch at least, but just as I feared the best snow growth region has obviously pushed north.  All morning was getting super fluffy flakes that would have piled up nice if we could have held that profile, but now the snow is small grains and icy consistency.  Lucky if its 10-1.  Oh well...Even an inch will freshen up the snowcover nicely.

Thats how it started here, flakes will get better as that initial heavy band moves through. 

From WTAJ:

Bedford County 911 confirms Route 220 Southbound near Centerville in Bedford County is closed after a tour bus overturned. Reports of multiple injuries. We have a crew on the way and will have more updates as the become available.

Wonder if this is from the snow?

I'd say that's a safe bet. 

post-1507-0-65274300-1391976921_thumb.jp

Centerville is about 10-15 miles south of Bedford. The stretch of 220 south of Bedford down to I-68 in Cumberland,MD is really rural and only a two lane. 

From WTAJ:

Bedford County 911 confirms Route 220 Southbound near Centerville in Bedford County is closed after a tour bus overturned. Reports of multiple injuries. We have a crew on the way and will have more updates as the become available.

Wonder if this is from the snow?

Sounds like 23 people being transported to hospitals

For posterity, this was posted over on FB. If it doesn't belong, Pennman can take it down, but the 12z euro depiction is a classic I-95 onslaught once again. I think PSUHoffman is really on to something. It does seem as if lately, prefect tracks DO NOT usually equate to a "perfect storm" for I-81.

attachicon.gif1506526_645394705507791_264618004_n.jpg

Taxonomy ranked by usefulness:

- Bedbugs

- Pubic lice

- People who post WxBell maps on FB

Not bad for me :)

There really are 3 distinct groups in this thread with different climo. Altoona state college ipt, the 81 area and York Lancaster. Not sure why no poconos posters here but sometimes wish people would specify statements by those regions. True central, 81, and lsv. What's good or bad for one is not true for others often.

Taxonomy ranked by usefulness:

- Bedbugs

- Pubic lice

- People who post WxBell maps on FB

The numbers may be inflated, but isn't the general area of the heaviest snow based on model output generally in the correct area? Anyway, good moderate snow falling now albeit small flakes. Eyeballing perhaps a an eighth to quarter inch already. Temp down to 22 degrees.

There really are 3 distinct groups in this thread with different climo. Altoona state college ipt, the 81 area and York Lancaster. Not sure why no poconos posters here but sometimes wish people would specify statements by those regions. True central, 81, and lsv. What's good or bad for one is not true for others often.

Sometimes depending on what is going on you can break those down even more, lol.

Archived