Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Feb 5th SWFE Observation Thread

dryslot

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure I believe that. Salisbury COOP had 0.59" liquid in their accurate weighing gauge which is just about what I had (0.60"). The Canterbury and Sanbornton RWIS estimates were about 5.1" and 6.5" respectively although Canterbury seems to underestimate the amounts a bit. CON had 7.3" via 0.70" liquid. I'd guesstimate Salisbury was about 6-6.5" given their liquid equiv.

I agree and was surprised too.  I might have a better sense tomorrow night when I get home.    Henniker seemed to do pretty well and I though Bow did well too.  My partner usually underestimates.

Probably by a tenth or so. I was ahead of Gene at one point this afternoon though. He may have got the biggest screwjob.

Yeah, it didn't work out too well. Oh well, I've seen worst busts. For New England as a whole it was a good forecast. Just N of here actually did better. My met major friend thought there was around 8" at cannon at 4pm.

BTV's snowfall map so far... still snowing lightly.

Right around 8" here and first verified Winter Storm Warning of the season, maybe we can tack on a little extra here before it fully moves out.  BTV also verified their first of the season.

Lots of 7-9" and fairly widespread across VT.... even 8" to the Canadian border and no real north-south gradient like the models indicated.

Our Orford friend had 11.5". Looks like the best banding setup well north of here. I was due for a screwgie, but 6.5" isn't bad either. The depth is up to 16-17".

Yeah, was really surprised to hear of 7-9" amounts right to the Canadian border, after models continued to show this area in the subsidence north of the frontogenesis that was supposed to be in CNE.  

Probably by a tenth or so. I was ahead of Gene at one point this afternoon though. He may have got the biggest screwjob.

Looks like my final, final is 6.5".  I get the booby prize for the lowest snow total in much of New England.  I'll take it and run with my 3" thundersnow that fell in an hour or two over Memorial Day weekend.... Next....

Looks like my final, final is 6.5". I get the booby prize for the lowest snow total in much of New England. I'll take it and run with my 3" thundersnow that fell in an hour or two over Memorial Day weekend.... Next....

First time I've ever beaten you since I've been here I think, even if it was just by .3". Do you have a season total? I have 46.4 for Plymouth state.

Archived