Newest Member
    Toothache
Feb 5th SWFE Observation Thread

dryslot

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Blue snow today when I was clearing

Was nice.  Blue is the new white in snow covered ground.

Was laughing looking at it because all I could think of was the winter when the mid-atlantic got hammered.  People were showing pics of blue snow and Kevin was all bent out of shape.  I remember some comment along the lines of, "There down there talking about blue snow, and were up here smoking cirrus" or something like that.

Some of the Pioneer Valley totals are pretty impressive.

The Greenfield report is not mine obviously since it says "media".  I reported 8" not 9.5".  It's funny because when I get my report in first they post my totals which are always conservative. When WWLP (22) beats me they post their report.  I'm much more conservative with my measurements. lol.

Nice storm.  Not as big a thump as I wanted but  8"+ and some sleet to finish works for me. 

-SN  24F  looks like one more band to go.

Some of the Pioneer Valley totals are pretty impressive.

The Greenfield report is not mine obviously since it says "media".  I reported 8" not 9.5".  It's funny because when I get my report in first they post my totals which are always conservative. When WWLP (22) beats me they post their report.  I'm much more conservative with my measurements. lol.

Nice storm.  Not as big a thump as I wanted but  8"+ and some sleet to finish works for me. 

-SN  24F  looks like one more band to go.

Oh' yeah, the totals:

..FRANKLIN COUNTY...

GREENFIELD 9.5 150 PM 2/05 MEDIA

SHELBURNE 9.0 334 PM 2/05 NONE

EAST CHARLEMONT 8.0 458 PM 2/05 TRAINED SPOTTER

ASHFIELD 8.0 304 PM 2/05 TRAINED SPOTTER

LEYDEN 7.0 120 PM 2/05 HAM RADIO

HEATH 7.0 1158 AM 2/05 HAM RADIO

...HAMPDEN COUNTY...

LUDLOW 12.5 443 PM 2/05 TRAINED SPOTTER

WEST SPRINGFIELD 12.0 543 PM 2/05 HAM RADIO

SPRINGFIELD 10.4 1228 PM 2/05 HAM RADIO

WILBRAHAM 9.8 1226 PM 2/05 HAM RADIO

LONGMEADOW 9.8 143 PM 2/05 TRAINED SPOTTER

AGAWAM 9.0 434 PM 2/05 EMERGENCY MANAGER

WESTFIELD 9.0 247 PM 2/05 TRAINED SPOTTER

...HAMPSHIRE COUNTY...

SOUTH HADLEY 12.5 417 PM 2/05 TRAINED SPOTTER

GRANBY 12.0 100 PM 2/05 SPOTTER

EASTHAMPTON 11.0 442 PM 2/05 TRAINED SPOTTER

PLAINFIELD 10.1 544 PM 2/05 TRAINED SPOTTER

AMHERST 7.5 100 PM 2/05 PUBLIC

...MIDDLESEX COUNTY...

I think I took the screw job for the team in this one. Last 6hr core was 1.9" new with 0.14" liquid. Storm total is now 6.5"/0.60".

Currently 20.5F with very -SN.

Wow that is surprising.  I spoke to my neighbors right at the Salisbury/Webster line and they said 8-9 inches a couple hours ago.  They are pretty reliable on snow estimates.  Then I called home and he said about 10 inches.  I am only like 10 miles from you.  Were you getting subsidense (or whatever its called) from the heavier bands to our north?  You and I usually have very similar totals.

Just about 7.5" total for this storm unless by chance some more snow falls.

Nice storm. The sleet took away some of what could have been a bit more snow, but in the end it wasn't too much sleet. I seemed to be in a dry zone for a bit while sleet was falling in other places.

nice bro 6.75 so far...

Wow that is surprising.  I spoke to my neighbors right at the Salisbury/Webster line and they said 8-9 inches a couple hours ago.  They are pretty reliable on snow estimates.  Then I called home and he said about 10 inches.  I am only like 10 miles from you.  Were you getting subsidense (or whatever its called) from the heavier bands to our north?  You and I usually have very similar totals.

Not sure I believe that. Salisbury COOP had 0.59" liquid in their accurate weighing gauge which is just about what I had (0.60"). The Canterbury and Sanbornton RWIS estimates were about 5.1" and 6.5" respectively although Canterbury seems to underestimate the amounts a bit. CON had 7.3" via 0.70" liquid. I'd guesstimate Salisbury was about 6-6.5" given their liquid equiv.

Archived