Newest Member
    Toothache
Feb 5th SWFE Observation Thread

dryslot

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

spitting icy snow again, hoping for some late inning fluff to top it off

here too, moderate snow has lightened now to -SN. 

The totals were fairly uniform over much of the region, but this is about as close to a jackpot for us valley dwellers as there is.  Really an excellent storm for this area.

Best snow since sunrise right now in ALB.  Parachute bombs!  8" OTG so probably ~9" storm total.  Hopefully this band holds together as it swings southeast.  Congrats to all who got good snow today.  This storm spread the wealth a little bit.

Just measured an even 9" here. Beautiful dendrites at the end to sparkle things up. Otherwise snow had a weird baking soda like consistency.m 10:1 but felt heavier. Tough to turn the skis on hills. Otherwise beautiful.mm

30 minutes shoveling this morning 9" of fluff,     2" of cement and a 4 foot wall at beginning of my driveway took me 90 minutes this evening.  11" storm total, 18" 3 days. 50" on the year.. since ive been on this board.. my average season total is 60" and we have a few more good weeks left in this winter.. not bad for SWCT

I just keep going out and puttering, it's a fantastic night. This persistent light snow out here is sugary just like this morning. I love the way the sleet piled up on the edges. Lol on the way home I took the back roads, it's 33 miles from work to home, counted 24 downed mailboxes, not including mine.

Archived