• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Feb 5th SWFE Observation Thread

dryslot

30 minutes shoveling this morning 9" of fluff, 2" of cement and a 4 foot wall at beginning of my driveway took me 90 minutes this evening. 11" storm total, 18" 3 days. 50" on the year.. since ive been on this board.. my average season total is 60" and we have a few more good weeks left in this winter.. not bad for SWCT

nice man, I love the fact I have to get more gas for the blower already.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just keep going out and puttering, it's a fantastic night. This persistent light snow out here is sugary just like this morning. I love the way the sleet piled up on the edges. Lol on the way home I took the back roads, it's 33 miles from work to home, counted 24 downed mailboxes, not including mine.

Jeezus, Time for the town to get that guy out of the plow truck

I just keep going out and puttering, it's a fantastic night. This persistent light snow out here is sugary just like this morning. I love the way the sleet piled up on the edges. Lol on the way home I took the back roads, it's 33 miles from work to home, counted 24 downed mailboxes, not including mine.

I was thinking the same thing, nice banks with this type of snow. We ended up with 11" with some light snow still falling, great night to be out, took the dog out 3 times.

30 minutes shoveling this morning 9" of fluff,     2" of cement and a 4 foot wall at beginning of my driveway took me 90 minutes this evening.  11" storm total, 18" 3 days. 50" on the year.. since ive been on this board.. my average season total is 60" and we have a few more good weeks left in this winter.. not bad for SWCT

oxford does well. i think from S to N it averages 40-50". Seymour maybe a touch less.

Yup, in the end, totals don't mean sh*t unless you get out and enjoy it!

Yeah I've been out wandering around most of the evening...puttering around with the dog clearing snow and the car. We have stars out but it's still snowing diamond dust...real fluffy stuff that adds the top layer of glistening dust. I was at 7.7" as of 9:30pm, hoping maybe we can do 0.3" more of this dust.

Beautiful evening though and the first time all winter where it actually looks like deep winter now that the snowpack is around 14".

30 minutes shoveling this morning 9" of fluff, 2" of cement and a 4 foot wall at beginning of my driveway took me 90 minutes this evening. 11" storm total, 18" 3 days. 50" on the year.. since ive been on this board.. my average season total is 60" and we have a few more good weeks left in this winter.. not bad for SWCT

Nice. Ever since I moved out of my parents house in Oxford a few years ago I look forward to your reports - my numbers would always be within an inch of yours. Oxford is a legitimate weenie spot in SWCT that does well in the majority of setups. The ~650 ASL always helped too.

Nice job on your ORH Airport prediction Will. I saw they had 10.6" earlier this afternoon. Did they end up getting a little more? I assume they did.

Yeah prob gonna be around a foot. Still snowing lightly now. I prob could have bumped up most of my airport totals by a couple inches, but was fairly close on most of them. PVD actually came in a bit lower.

Yeah prob gonna be around a foot. Still snowing lightly now. I prob could have bumped up most of my airport totals by a couple inches, but was fairly close on most of them. PVD actually came in a bit lower.

That dryslot really hurt them and as it usually does..it came in rather quick, but the models had it just to their south even late morning.  I ended up a little better than I thought here, but about 8 miles south has about 3" lower. Tough to nail the exact gradient.

Archived