joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 28/29th Storm Model Disco and Obs

NorthArlington101

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The climo builder. Model consensus did pretty well. The worst thing about these events  is how long we debate 0.05" changes in qpf.

yeah...we pretty much analyzed the storm well...I'm hoping for an inch,, but will need to score in this next band

It was exactly like this on the ground...started late evening, ended after midnight...was 19 degrees...I got 1.25"...VD was a week later

I remember the event because I was so excited by what models were showing a week later and I couldn't wait for a real storm. The models we're showing a monster snow. Wes even analoged 1983.

yeah...we pretty much analyzed the storm well...I'm hoping for an inch,, but will need to score in this next band

It really could have easily gone either way here so it's good we performed again. We seem to do that this winter.  Other than that.. need more than this. ;) 

I remember the event because I was so excited by what models were showing a week later and I couldn't wait for a real storm. The models we're showing a monster snow. Wes even analoged 1983.

and then the low went to pittsburgh...OKCweatherman was still calling for 12" 5 minutes before the event

and then the low went to pittsburgh...OKCweatherman was still calling for 12" 5 minutes before the event

It went to hell pretty fast but we somehow still got all frozen. It was suppose to be a historic ice storm and ended up sleet. The gfs showed 20 inches for me 3 days before the storm

Archived