joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 28/29th Storm Model Disco and Obs

NorthArlington101

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure what it had for over here, but this has been a sweet storm with moderate to heavy snow pretty much from the start, Looks like 3 out there now and I think ill get to 4.

Had me at .1+ but I knew that was a stretch. I'm totally happy with the event because I was sold on getting nothing. Still snowing with a half inch. Might be .75. With snow pack on most of my yard and a fresh cover on the sidewalks and street I couldn't be happier. It will look nice at sunrise tomorrow

Had me at .1+ but I knew that was a stretch. I'm totally happy with the event because I was sold on getting nothing. Still snowing with a half inch. Might be .75. With snow pack on most of my yard and a fresh cover on the sidewalks and street I couldn't be happier. It will look nice at sunrise tomorrow

Honestly I am shocked at what I am getting here, Never expected to see hours of huge sparkling flakes falling at inch per hour rates at 13 degrees. I expected the low end of the 1-3 call. Already have 3+ so its an overperformer in my book.

Another strong band of snow overhead, more moderate snow is falling. I can hardly believe we are still getting snow with this. With these temperatures, 9 degrees, I think 20 to 1 snow to water ratios are in play. If we have a tenth of an inch of qpf to work with, with 20:1 ratios we just might have a shot at 2 inches. I didn't even expect a coating.

WOW what a surprise!!!!!!!!

This snow is very glittery, it really sparkles

12 degrees, -SN, 0.8" as of 15 minutes ago....sent my report to LWX...curious if they will use it.....It's tapering, but I really want my inch...if I get just a smidge under it is close enough since I round up or down....right now..0.75" officially

Archived