• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
1/28 - 1/30 Storm Thread II

burgertime

NAM has been leading the way with the southern wave.  Getting that polar energy to slow and hold back more is the key here. A delicate dance it's been for the past few days.  I think we're finally reeling it in, my friend.

I have a feeling the NAM is coming on board. Southern energy slightly east. Northern energy further west and looks a little slower. 

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We were over 3 in Atl.  I think Canada was over 5 strung out over a number of storms and days,  It's the wind that kills you when the totals get up.  The weight will just bend and break the limbs straight down, but the wind will do the terror.  Pray you don't see much wind when you get those kind of totals :)  Tony

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:1998_Ice_Storm_map.png

Updated thoughts at 9:00pm from Brad Panovich down in Charlotte for the Charlotte area:

Via twitter

If I had to say right now I think 1-2" for Charlotte would be a good forecast with higher amounts east & a Dusting to the west. #cltwx

Brad is top notch and I'm sure his inner Snow Weenie is thrilled at what the models have been doing today.  If the 0z suite of runs hold serve or keep up the current NW trend, I'm sure he will be honking the horn as we go throughout the day tomorrow.  The southern and northern waves are being modeled in just about the perfect positions for us for a phase to occur that wallops a large portion of the subforum (just about all of us), gotta hope the modeled trends become reality!

If that southern energy was 50 - 100 miles east this would be huge. Still a big step in the right direction. Night and day vs. 18z NAM. 

SOOO close to a phase. You can see the energy basically being sucked out of the southern energy.

NAM is slightly better for the inland crowd compared to 18z.  Trough is slightly sharper.  RH and QPF a bit farther northwest

Just missed a big run.  It held the Baja s/w back just a little too much. Had all of it ejected, we'd have seen a monster run.

I guess we can return to our regular NAM slapdown programming ;)

Archived