Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
1/28 - 1/30 Storm Thread II

burgertime

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ha! I'll have to find the hills, but only because I'm going to be working (after I was supposed to have the week off...). That's actually not a bad idea... Find where the good hills are so I can have some good live shots! ... If they let me... LOL! I want to go out and enjoy this snow. Unlike the ice storm back in 2011 when I had to work the whole event inside.

Seriously, you may have to wait another 40 years to see this again, if it happens.  The nam gave me 2.7 in snow.  Don't know what the ratio's would be, but it's a lot.  I don't believe that, because I've waited all my life for it to happen, so why would I believe it now, lol.  It's fun though.  Might be time to tell your viewers how to sled properly and not bust their butts, lol.  I sure hope they don't lock you in the studios for a week with this one.  Tony

A little less inland at hour 54, but still better than the 12z GFS and 00z NAM...

The initial batch of energy moving through is stronger.. but it all ends faster because it's left the baja low behind which reinforces the gulf mosture fetch and what brings in the last chunk of precip from the 18z run.

The initial batch of energy moving through is stronger.. but it all ends faster because it's left the baja low behind which reinforces the gulf mosture fetch and what brings in the last chunk of precip from the 18z run.

Yeah, that really makes a big difference as far as extreme totals go. However, in the end about the same amount falls for inland areas..and that's a good thing since that means we don't need so much interaction to get good snow out of it. Around 0.50 falls here. Had just under 0.75 with the 18z run.

For SC. For NC it looks more like somewhere between I-77 and I-85. It actually reminds me of January 2000's cutoff a little, though probably further west than that.

Actually, the whole state gets snow, but if you're talking about significant snowfall...

Yea but need it more north and west to get you and me. Still be a good storm for a lot of others

Yea but need it more north and west to get you and me. Still be a good storm for a lot of others

It's actually still a pretty good storm here.  If I didn't see the 18z run, I'd be jumping for joy right now.  Even out your way, it's maybe an inch.

I'll take being on the NW fringes at this stage every day over being on the SE fringes.

Through 51 hours, 20 miles south of Atlanta, looks like a total of about .45 inches liquid. Not sure what the ratios would be.

Looks to give Tony's place better than mine.

Looks like us N GA folks need to have a snow party at Tony's! What ya say, T?

0z dropped the QPF numbers here when compared to the 18z. Time to see what the GEFS says!

Archived