joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Biggest Storm of 2014 Nowcast/Obs/Disco

Bob Chill

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Based on the latest spotter reports, it looks like nearly all of the MD portion of the LWX CWA verified warning criteria except for the southern most sections (St. Mary's, Charles and PG) and the western most (Washington and Allegheny).  Only Loudon in VA though? 

12 deg with a WC of 10 out. From what I can tell no more snow overnight, most of what was on our deck has been blown off thanks to the wind tunnel behind our row of townhomes. So believe we ended somewhere between 4-5".

I did have to go out and shovel the drive again as the winds covered it entirely with blown snow. That wind is fierce, reminded me of back in my college days in NW Ohio in Bowling Green aka "Blowing Green", and walking across campus. I would get to the other side of campus with frozen tears on my eyelashes. While they were not frozen this morning the wind did make my eyes water. 

4.25". Might have been 4.5 but I only need 4.25 to go 8 even on the year.

Love seeing Wes post 5". Nice!

Today is the most wintry day areawide since Feb 2010.

As Ian said....we're back!

Someone should grab a high res vis sat and post it. Should look pretty good up the east coast.

I was just doing that.. tho gotta wait for the MODIS stuff etc today

post-1615-0-02819700-1388759077_thumb.jp

Congrats, Wes!!!

Ill probably submit 6" for my final report, since the other Parkton spotter submitted 5.9"... average would be 7" though since I found many spots between 6-8".

8.5 for me.  There was compaction and blowing.  With the terrain here and trees hard to sometimes measure.  I measured spots of 12, 10, 8, 7, 9.  No consistency.  Last reasonable measurement here was 7 before winds kicked up around 11:00 pm or so, and we had plenty back building bands after I measured that came through York County right to the MD line just below me overnight.  I think a fair conservative and reasonable report is 8.5.  It was no less than that. 

8.5 for me.  There was compaction and blowing.  With the terrain here and trees hard to sometimes measure.  I measured spots of 12, 10, 8, 7, 9.  No consistency.  Last reasonable measurement here was 7 before winds kicked up around 11:00 pm or so, and we had plenty back building bands after I measured that came through York County right to the MD line just below me overnight.  I think a fair conservative and reasonable report is 8.5.  It was no less than that. 

yeah, i had a lot of compaction for sure. I noticed my measurements suddenly stopped increasing quickly. I sent LWX that I measured multiple spots between 6-8, with 7" being the average. Let them decide what to officially put.

I was nicely enjoying my 6 inches at Chestnut Ridge in northern Baltimore County and at 1:30 the pager alerts for a full firebox house fire in our first due (being a volunteer among the many hats I wear). Fun drive to the station on the unplowed streets with the added bonus of green radar bands. Luckily it was a small electrical fire and we were not out for 4 hours tanking water and fighting fire. But it did get me out into the elements to experience some good storm!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Archived