• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Biggest Storm of 2014 Nowcast/Obs/Disco

Bob Chill

It has some makings of a good winter thus far it seems.. I could go for an above average temp winter and an above average snow winter.. especially since people say it needs to be cold to snow. :P

It does. I totally dig the variability. Snowcover days are a secondary stat to me. I was a bit optimistic going into the winter about not having to bear a 6 week sh!t pattern and 6 week "maybe" pattern. I like the off and ons. I'm at 8" for the year and it's Jan 3rd. I complained about the torch on the board for fun. I was outside doing things I enjoy in warmer weather. I just can't break character. lol

Even if we thaw this month I'm feeling fine about the last 5-6 weeks producing again if not multiple times. This year is FAR better than anything since the jan 11 storm. 

ETA: keep an eye on the jan 9-10 timeframe. It's got a shot. Maybe we thaw after....maybe we don't 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Once you posted this morning that we could do better than expected i figured we would do great. Thanks for stopping by here and giving your thoughts.

Never thought you guys would do this well! Awesome bust..

Incredible action right now in Annapolis. Building in nicely to our northwest and looks like it's pivoting into central MD. Was out earlier and measured around 6" in the parking lot and on the cars. Not sure how much more is going to fall but these bands are moderate so it should be another good coating, maybe an inch? So exciting! Awesome storm, and to think the hell we went though with the models on this.

post-1262-0-46613200-1388732849_thumb.jp

The salt that was placed on the roads pretty much melted all the snow and ice. That's great for commuters later but I was looking forward to an icy jebwalk. Damn.

Temperatures have been slowly falling tonight, but the winds have been light. Down to 25 now. I was hoping for extremely cold windchills. I wish I could spend a month up in northern Minnesota. It's always extremely cold there, its always windy and they are always under windchill warnings. I crave a jebwalk in -45 windchills with severe blowing snow and zero visibilities.

one thing that really pisses me off is when the damn anemometer freezes at the weatherbug stations. I want to know what the wind gust speeds are! This is the best part about winter - severe arctic airmasses invading the mid atlantic, and I want to know the wind gust speeds so I can calculate the wind chill and record our coldest windchills in my 2013-2014 weather notebook, then happily take my arctic jebwalk later and exult in pure Vodka cold victory!

the very best part of winter enjoyment is knowing that it is NEVER too cold for the Jebman - and watching people all hunched over, trying to deal with the arctic airmass and its wind gusts, and slipping on the ice on the sidewalk and busting their hips, all while I triumphantly walk on over ice and snow alike in 50 mph wind gusts and enjoying every minute of it, while praying for even colder weather!

Archived