joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Biggest Storm of 2014 Nowcast/Obs/Disco

Bob Chill

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

35 mph wind gusts are blowing some of the snow off the trees into the road, and its 23 degrees so the snow will not melt. This should make for slippery roads.

Some of the snow has frozen to the tree branches. It will be so cold today that the snow will not all melt off the trees and it will be a sweet winter wonderland.

I am really gonna love this arctic weather today!!!

Wind gusts are blowing the snow around. Even tho we only have a couple inches of snow, the wind is blowing it around. It is also blowing off roofs! Too bad we cant stay cloudy all day, if we did we might get to enjoy highs only in the teens.

Someone said earlier, and I would like to repeat: thank you to all the very sharp people who post on this board. I have learned a lot following this forum for the last two years.

Time for this kid to shut down for the night, and get ready to fire up the genset in the morning, Wishing you all more bonus snow and power that stays on. GN.

Temps have fallen to 20 degrees. Windchills are increasingly refreshing. Snow is still falling and the wind is drifting it. Some of these snowdrifts are four inches deep. We may fall into the upper teens. I went out to get the paper. This is excellent weather, the best time of the year :)

From the banter in this thread over the wee morning hours, and the snow on my deck, it appears I may have gotten another 1.5" since around midnight in bands of snow (while I was sleeping).  I will have to take a closer look outside later.  That would put my total somewhere near 7" for the event if it verifies.

I haven't heard anything officially, but Matt thinks they made it.  They had reported 1.9" before they got into a heavy band.

Thanks.  I wasnt really paying close attention because I had to drive a bunch of places last night.. but do you know if LWX ever upgraded to a warning for our area?

Thanks.  I wasnt really paying close attention because I had to drive a bunch of places last night.. but do you know if LWX ever upgraded to a warning for our area?

The 95 corridor did not get warned.  Harford, Northern Baltimore, Carroll, Frederick, and Loudon did, but Carroll, Frederick and Loudon got dropped at the 11PM update and, interestingly, did not even go to an advisory.  Southern Baltimore, Howard, Montgomery, Prince Georges, and AA were all advised, and I think DC eventually got one too.

Finished with 6 inches in Severna Park.  Temps currently 20.6 degrees and dropping with strong wind out of the northwest which is blowing snow all over the place.  Praying we don't loose power!!  Had some limbs comedown and just miss my wife's car last night before the wind got started!

Mark

Averaging 6-8" in spots, hard to say what my actual total is

Go with 8!

I'm recording 3.5" for my final. Was 3" at 10:30. I never measured but I'm pretty sure I picked up at least 1/2 with the stuff that redeveloped later. I try to be accurate but I'm not going out at 9 degrees in this wind to do an average.

Congrats by the way, you and all of our great forum.

Archived