joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Biggest Storm of 2014 Nowcast/Obs/Disco

Bob Chill

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Snow is now sticking to sidewalks in SE DC at Navy Yard and roads are starting to get an icy look --- which means it should start sticking to the roads very soon. Flakes are big and falling at moderate/heavy clip. If the snow pivots and DC stays in it for 4/5 more hours, could see a decent snow fall. If it ends in next hour, won't be that bad, although the roads are freezing quickly.

Long-time lurker reporting in from Easton, MD.  I've got 35 degrees and the sleet is starting to take over from the rain.  Hoping for a changeover soon!

Also, thanks to all of the info you guys bring to these threads - I feel like I've learned a lot!

What do you guys think about the movement of that dry slot out west?  I think DT posted something about this, but what I think I see is more moisture from the southwest coming northeast and feeding us with more precip.  I'm no professional at looking at these things, but that's what I see.  What do you think?

Wow on the 5 inches at Parkton at 6:00pm by the spotter. Pouring snow here right now so double digit totals should be common. Mapgirl jackpot for certain!

Nah, should be 3", I measured quite a few spots and found 3-5" so submitted 3". I was bit iffy on doing 4" when 3" seemed to be showing up more often

Archived