• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Biggest Storm of 2014 Nowcast/Obs/Disco

Bob Chill

83 must be awful as people are bailing on to York Road. It's a parking lot outside my house. Big rigs just chilling.

Yes. I spoke with my mother 15 minutes ago. She's going to the shrewsbury exit and has been on 83 for more than an hour. She was at your exit when we spoke.

Yeah, it's pretty bad

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Snow is building up on grass here at Navy Yard --- also sticking to icy roads and sidewalks... they did not treat the roads and it is noticeable. Cars are completely covered.

If I had to guess, we are over .5 inch some far --- maybe .75 inch. Snow is at low-medium rate right now. Will go out in an hour or two and measure it. Temp at 31 degrees.

Some nice returns pointed at DC. Come on, DCA, don't blow it!

the difference between my pad and penn avenue was kind of astonishing over a 5 block walk....these subtle elevation changes matter...DCA needs to drop a few degrees...

For those who are calling for an end by 3z, there's still stuff back in Pittsburg and Cleveland. If you watching the LWX radar it looks like it ends at the mnts but it really doesn't. We're at max difluence at 500mb. It will wind down but probably not stop until much later.

Agree. I am in a radar hole. But it is still snowing although lightly. I am so glad everyone got into the action this time. It's more fun this way. 

I think I can pull 3"+ if I'm lucky. 2" now with 1/2"hr rates I think. 

This stuff won't be blowing around after the freeze too much. Maybe the top layer later but the first 2" will become drywall. 

attachicon.giffinally!.JPG

Where about in Rockville are you?  I go to the shopping district in Rockville (along Rockville Pike) pretty often, which isn't all that far from me in Silver Spring.  You probably do better in terms of snow, but not that far away, so was curious.

At any rate, everything is white now here, even on the roads.  I'll probably head out, maybe even with the camera.  Will post a photo maybe, depending on how things look.

LWX has kind of upped the accumulations for southern MoCo now, to 1-2".  Not long ago they had around an inch.  But their point-and-click forecast is calling for "rain and snow becoming all snow after 2AM..." which is way off.  I think they're playing catch-up for many places?

Archived