• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Biggest Storm of 2014 Nowcast/Obs/Disco

Bob Chill

I think 10 is doable near the Mason Dixon.  Mapgirl has 4, I'm over 3, great ratios, 26.2 outside and plenty more snow to fall with ratios improving.  This is a win for a good chunk of our region.  I think DC will break the snow curse!  Over performers and upside surprises are the best!

This is definitely a surprise down here. We were forecast to have a high of 45 degrees. We were forecast to have rain, then some snow likely after midnight.

Instead we got rain and sleet right from the outset at 330pm, the high was only 38, and the rain and sleet changed to snow as of 620pm.

This is definitely a surprise. Already have a car topping. This just might be an overperformer here. Time will tell. 32/31 with moderate snow, big a$$ flakes

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Big, heavy flakes now falling at good clip... ground is getting white (not the roads yet tho). Cars, grass are all turning white quickly as the snow starts to stick. Temp is now 31.2 at the Weatherbug station at Nationals Stadium. DCA is down to 35.6 as well.

Lawns are turning white, looks like a quarter inch of snow on the cartop, bushes, and the top of the fence. Road is wet as are the sidewalks.

EDIT - Reflectivity off the road is changing, preconsolidation is beginning. Snow is sticking there. Snow is sparkly in spots, snow may be getting drier. Temp still 32

Archived