joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Biggest Storm of 2014 Nowcast/Obs/Disco

Bob Chill

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had to measure wrong when I got home, no way I've picked up 2 in under an hour.

Regardless 4" in 3 hours is damn impressive. You will probably end up with 7-8" when it is over. I hope i get to 5". Btw what did i tell you before the winter when we talked about how much snow you would get?  :snowing: .

Not sure where you are in Columbia.  How are your streets looking? 

East side.  Mostly wet.  Went out in the car around 5pm and snow was accumulating on some spots that weren't getting traffic (i.e., the middle near the lines and the shoulders). 

I had to measure wrong when I got home, no way I've picked up 2 in under an hour.

Same here. I was at 1.5 an hour ago and now I'm pushing 4. Got much colder too. Snow is now very powdery.

Ok, cool..I'm not dumb and do know how to measure ;)

It is so damned hard to get decent show in DC these days.

I've been saying for over a year now that I think it will take a widespread warning-criteria snow for the entire LWX area before DCA breaks the 2" streak.  Hope I'm wrong tonight, but don't think I am. 

I'm convinced that I live in the worst part of Rockville for snow (near Twinbrook).  Work on Gude drive, huge, quarter sized flakes falling, was already accumulating and covering grass.  When I got home the covering of grass had just started and the flakes are much smaller and definitely mixed with some sleet or ZR, argh.  3 miles south/east as the crow flies makes a big difference, I guess

How is it going there?, when i left work at 4:30 there was no road stickage but as i got closer to home everything was fully covered.

Great.  I was out on a run and by the time that I got home, everything was starting to cover, including treated streets.  The avenue is slushy with tracks, but back streets are covered.

Glad that you made it home safely.

Yes, RR you did tell me. Hard to be excited when ppl in DC can't buy an inch

Yea i know, i honestly feel for them. I know how it feels after the last 3 years reading the NY and NE subforum, i literally wanted to kill them. I hope they break the drought tonight or real soon.

East side.  Mostly wet.  Went out in the car around 5pm and snow was accumulating on some spots that weren't getting traffic (i.e., the middle near the lines and the shoulders). 

I can throw a rock to east Columbia.  I promise not to hit you.  ;) We need this temp to drop just a touch more...

Scratch that...accumulation on the street.  Temp 33.1F.  Snowing at least moderately if not heavily.  1".  Certainly missing out on the Parktonesque accumulations due to the temps.

Archived