• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Emerging signal for storminess Jan 6-8

Typhoon Tip

There too my friend..I'm not alone in this at least. We all share in misery the next 10+ days..Another cutter or 2 and the ski resorts will have to close up north

I'll keep snowpack for this cold shot...then I'll draw the shades for the weekend.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wakefield has some bare spots that a for sure, the area in wakefield over to n lynnfield and up to Danvers has a few things going for it.

The wet snow storm from over a week ago dumped more snow in areas in n wakefield over to peabody and north w the arctic high , this also had more snow fall in last storm ( fluff )from essex county Ocean Enhancement. Lastly and least , that area took a little longer to get into the 50's today so maybe that helps a tad, also they sat in mid 30's a lil longer than bos (fwiw).

Lets see if that makes a difference when the damage is done. If say Middleton-Danvers is bare i will be in shock.

How much on ground in Andover.

The front is coming through here now (BTV area). The slide is starting as winds go north. Unfortunately no real snow on the back side. Our cover looks like it will survive for the most part, and it will become a brick tonight. I am sure it will take a little time for ski areas to recover.

The front is coming through here now (BTV area). The slide is starting as winds go north. Unfortunately no real snow on the back side. Our cover looks like it will survive for the most part, and it will become a brick tonight. I am sure it will take a little time for ski areas to recover.

We figure by Thursday we'll have it back... but to be honest we've had three solid rainstorms in the last month, and business has been good, so it doesn't seem to really matter to people haha... The 3 day valley ice storm and higher elevation torch was much, much worse and more damaging though. This is kids play compared to that.

Alright snowing on the picnic tables now, time to work it down to the lower elevations... SLK has also been -SN for the past hour.

That is a good sign (although still raining here). We will see what backside token flakes will occur. I wish the secondary front would provide a snow squall or two.

I'd have to say that Kevin got it right about this torch though overall....in his initial thoughts I mean. It was pretty devastating in a very short time. I'm looking at web cams and complete wipe out in many areas on the west sides of the Berkshires to the Hudson Valley. I'm still all white, but took quite hit...at least half gone in a 12 hour period of  > 32.

It's fine, it's 58 here, 59 in norwood.  This is an unmitigated beat down of old Leon.

I'm still waiting for this person called Leon.  I've been told by Steve/Jerry wall-to-wall balls cold with a parade of snowstorms.  So far, one snowstorm and rather benign cold.  Looks pretty tame for another 10 days too.

Archived