Newest Member
    Toothache
Emerging signal for storminess Jan 6-8

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow. Snow hanging on here near home.

Definitely doing better than expected in these parts, I mean it sucks but it could be far worse. I'm not always around here in the winter but I'm racking my brain trying to think of another near 60F torch around here where the S Shore has not obliterated nearly all snow pack including piles and I'm coming up short. Especially considering the dry nature of the snowpack prior to yesterday. I went to sleep last night expecting to wake up to a few weak piles left here and there instead I woke up at 9a to full coverage and watched it dwindle to about 50% thereafter with plenty of piles.

Definitely doing better than expected in these parts, I mean it sucks but it could be far worse. I'm not always around here in the winter but I'm racking my brain trying to think of another near 60F torch around here where the S Shore has not obliterated nearly all snow pack including piles and I'm coming up short. Especially considering the dry nature of the snowpack prior to yesterday. I went to sleep last night expecting to wake up to a few weak piles left here and there instead I woke up at 9a to full coverage and watched it dwindle to about 50% thereafter with plenty of piles.

Feb 2011...back to back 60F at BOS...but granted there was like 15-20" of high water content snow still around BOS before that one. :lol:

Not to rain on your parade, it also seems to be a two-step drop.  An initial that brings it down to the low 40's and then a second that brings it down below freezing.  I posted an earlier version of this, but here's the latest of what happened here at the Pit.  An initial drop from 11:30 to noon, and then the secondary drop from 1:00 to now.

Gusts to 25mph so far.

You did pretty well overall!

Yes, definitely a 2 step drop but it seems even step 1 progressed painfully slow after making a pretty steady march through NY and Western MA. "A watched pot never boils" though, haha. Finally creeping into the upper 40s in Randolph.

There are a lot of bare patches and then streets fully covered. Funky how that works, but no surprise considering the blowing and drifting.

There are a lot of bare patches and then streets fully covered. Funky how that works, but no surprise considering the blowing and drifting.

Just so everyone knows - The snow is 95% GONE. No Base. Back to CLEANING Trails at CN Mountain vs. Sledding on them.

This winter Ab-so-lutely Sucks. I get 6" when everyone else gets 10" - 20" East of me and everyone in Adjacent towns gets 7" - 9". This after a second RI Screw zone storm where I got 2.5" and everyone else got 4" - 6".

This is just above 2006-2007 and only 2 steps above 2011-2012. No snow chances the next 300 Hours.

Archived