Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Emerging signal for storminess Jan 6-8

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even Weymouth is less torched than the pics out of NE CT, you should have 40-50% coverage this evening, still doing OK in immediate metro south, waiting for FROPA to start to mitigate carnage. I'm still anxiously rooting the front on, enough of a pack that I want to preserve it for this cold snap, dont give an F that it gets warmer at the end of the week, Id like to keep a halfway respectable wintry appeal and we just might if this front hurries up.

It's weird, I am on a hill totally prone to torching with a strong wind beating down the snow. Go down the hill to commerical St and it's quite different. My guess is just drifts and piles left.

It's weird, I am on a hill totally prone to torching with a strong wind beating down the snow. Go down the hill to commerical St and it's quite different. My guess is just drifts and piles left.

I'll see it too in the ORH hills sometimes...esp near the spine. My relatives in Princeton just east of the mountain will have full coverage and then if you drive back west to the otherside and beyond, you'll notice some of the hill tops there might be bare afetr a cutter or SW flow torch.

There is still alot of snow left over here in South Windsor, especially snowplow areas, much more snow is left than after the meltdown before Christmas.

I am betting that parts of Bolton still have 100% cover, they did at 9am this morning.

You can't  count piles from plows in any snow cvoer conversaiton.

Back to sn-, but the same big flakes continuing.

33.8/32--96 hour refreeze soon to commence.

I'll see it too in the ORH hills sometimes...esp near the spine. My relatives in Princeton just east of the mountain will have full coverage and then if you drive back west to the otherside and beyond, you'll notice some of the hill tops there might be bare afetr a cutter or SW flow torch.

Yeah I just realized that yesterday. Kind of a bummer, but there are benefits to it as well.

RPM ends most as snow later this afternoon. I would think not in BOS but it highlights snow to the Cape.

Beginning to stick on the hood of the truck, but for all intents and purposes, I think the best this will do is freshen up some temp/rain warn snow.

1/2 milve vis, at times--kind of squall like with bursts of wind and accompnaying heavier snows.  Too bad the temp won't nudge down a couple more degrees.

33.2/31

Looks like it's coming down pretty good for you, any sticking yet?

It's ripping.  Nothing on the wet driveway, but the slushy area are turning white, hoods of the car and truck are whtiened.  And.....bingo---32.0/30 lets the refreeze begin. 

I'm going to head to Greenfield to the supermarket and to grab a coffee.  I' curious to see how the conditions are down in the valley.

31.9/30

Classic CAA upslope snow and flash freeze in progress. I had a burst of heavy snow that started out as graupel, but has now tapered to just moderate snow. We have about 1/2" new, but I haven't measured yet. Roads are a disaster due to the sudden snow and freeze.

The previously existing snow was wiped out, save for the piles as we torched to 54 degrees before the CF came through. At least the ground is white again.

I had 100% coverage this AM, here in downtown ORH its Swiss cheese

LOL no. I'm in downtown ORH right now and even here there is a decent amount.

Somewhere in the middle lies the truth.

I only have some small patches left where I piled it up for a sledding hill for my son but it's all gone here.  If this had been a better stretch we might have been able to keep it better.  I was hoping he'd still have his sledding path for the rest of the week.

On a different note, after the Christmas melt down, the cold was able to penetrate deeper into the ground and I have some of my coldest ground temps in 12 years.  This next cold wave should drop those numbers some more.

You guys have to realize that 94 had a less hostile Atlantic I believe. Still when it's on its Leon style. No 2 years are ever the same even when things are similar. Messenger loves snow more than most, pulls all nighters for flurries yet is pissed when he's at or above climo. If you live where it doesn't snow much , usually it won't.

And one more thing, Leon's 20 years older.

Possibly the shortest torch ever.  We hit 45 for about an hour.  Downtown Greenfield was 38F when we left still rain with flakes mixing in.

Back at the house it's 33F with -sn/pl

In the 5 years we've been here I've never seen the CAD perform this stubbornly.  It was in the 50's just south of here for hours.

This was downtown Greenfield an hour or so ago, still plenty of snow (and plenty of water in the streets from snow clogged drains).

post-919-0-67812500-1389035148_thumb.jpg

Possibly the shortest torch ever. We hit 45 for about an hour. Downtown Greenfield was 38F when we left still rain with flakes mixing in.

Back at the house it's 33F with -sn/pl

In the 5 years we've been here I've never seen the CAD perform this stubbornly. It was in the 50's just south of here for hours.

This was downtown Greenfield an hour or so ago, still plenty of snow (and plenty of water in the streets from snow clogged drains).

1-6a.jpg

Congrats...your obs were fascinating during this compared to other areas.

Archived