Total Members
    Most Online
    bowsunski
    Newest Member
    bowsunski
Emerging signal for storminess Jan 6-8

Typhoon Tip

barf!

I'm having nightmares about Leon and am starting to drop his name in regular every day discussions.  Nobody gets the reference and they think I'm having some type of stroke or seizure and start looking at me funny.  Now I can't get this picture out of my mind.   1 extra large mansierre was in desperate need for this gent.

Just having some fun as my snow incinerates into a foggy oblivion.   I can't say I mind.  If this winter is 2-3 weeks of good stuff and a week or ten days of break here or there so be it.  The snow numbers are good although I would like to see more snow up north for the resorts and small businesses that are getting hammered right now.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yup snow pack evaporating quickly here in wakefield over to lynnfield, snow eating for and dews near 50. This torch was more aggressive and its disgusting and serves no useful purpose lol.

Honestly big deal , maybe ill have less slop to step in, tbh the snowpack was more impressive in mid dec b4 it got obliterated and now it will be gone in next 6 hours , its not like everyone is not losing pack by the 15'th Anyway.

Yup snow pack evaporating quickly here in wakefield over to lynnfield, snow eating for and dews near 50. This torch was more aggressive and its disgusting and serves no useful purpose lol.

Honestly big deal , maybe ill have less slop to step in, tbh the snowpack was more impressive in mid dec b4 it got obliterated and now it will be gone in next 6 hours , its not like everyone is not losing pack by the 15'th Anyway.

I'll be surprised if I lose all of mine. Brief daytime 40s with relatively lower dews won't do much damage...especially in Jan.

I'll be surprised if I lose all of mine. Brief daytime 40s with relatively lower dews won't do much damage...especially in Jan.

I wasnt sure what temps were suppose to look like 11-15'th (mild period) but my snow comment was a bit more sne centric. Looks like we will have a wet mild storm then the cold returns

33F  RA

We ticked above freezing around 4am.

My driveway is a skating rink and still ice in the evergreen trees.

Northern Pioneer Valley may be the best CAD location in SNE. 

Look at these temps compared to the hill towns: http://www.wunderground.com/weather-forecast/US/MA/Greenfield.html

I'm 10 degrees colder than MPM who is only a few miles away as the crow flies but 700' higher.

I held on as long as I could.  Disaster the last hour.

46.8/44

Pack Intact but for how long?

There was a pretty notable line just after 128 this morning on the train....full snow coverage west of there, but started seeing a couple bare spots once we got inside 128 in the usual torch-exposed spots. I think BOS proper will be pretty swiss cheese anyway once the front comes through. 128 and westward should keep at least mostly covered I would think based on this morning's look...you may keep most coverage in back neighborhoods of Brookline.

There was a pretty notable line just after 128 this morning on the train....full snow coverage west of there, but started seeing a couple bare spots once we got inside 128 in the usual torch-exposed spots. I think BOS proper will be pretty swiss cheese anyway once the front comes through. 128 and westward should keep at least mostly covered I would think based on this morning's look...you may keep most coverage in back neighborhoods of Brookline

Will~ Already swiss cheese like in Ne CT when I left at 7am. coupled with heavy rain and temps, only the piles will remain. 

Will~ Already swiss cheese like in Ne CT when I left at 7am. coupled with heavy rain and temps, only the piles will remain. 

Yeah CAD broke there about 4-5 hours sooner than north of the pike. I thought it would hold a bit longer there personally.

There was a pretty notable line just after 128 this morning on the train....full snow coverage west of there, but started seeing a couple bare spots once we got inside 128 in the usual torch-exposed spots. I think BOS proper will be pretty swiss cheese anyway once the front comes through. 128 and westward should keep at least mostly covered I would think based on this morning's look...you may keep most coverage in back neighborhoods of Brookline.

I dont see how 128 will be any different that bos area. Everyone is in the middle 50s

Yeah CAD broke there about 4-5 hours sooner than north of the pike. I thought it would hold a bit longer there personally.

If I've learned anything since moving here, it's that any warm air is just going to surge in.  It seems to slow down about 10 miles north of here and along the CT River Valley, but it's a fact of life.  I never had a sudden rise in temps - I was running about 34-37 yesterday evening and temperatures slowly rose to the current 55°.

I dont see how 128 will be any different that bos area. Everyone is in the middle 50s

Inside 128 rose into the 40s much sooner than outside of it. Jaffrey NH is in the middle 50s right now, do you think they will have more snowpack than BOS by tonight?

Of course, because they were warmer for less time than southeast of them. Just because both are in the middle 50s right now does not mean they have melted the same amount in the previous 6-10 hours.

BOS was near 40F by 11pm last night. Conversely, here is a mesonet site in Framingham (outside of 128) that shows temperatures were in the lower 30s until after 6am...so they basically melted nothing for 6-7 hours while BOS was melting at a decent clip.

Framinghammesonet.gif

Inside 128 rose into the 40s much sooner than outside of it. Jaffrey NH is in the middle 50s right now, do you think they will have more snowpack than BOS by tonight?

Of course, because they were warmer for less time than southeast of them. Just because both are in the middle 50s right now does not mean they have melted the same amount in the previous 6-10 hours.

BOS was near 40F by 11pm last night. Conversely, here is a mesonet site in Framingham (outside of 128) that shows temperatures were in the lower 30s until after 6am...so they basically melted nothing for 6-7 hours while BOS was melting at a decent clip.

Framinghammesonet.gif

The 128 towns are all in the same boat. Cad spots outside of 128 are a different story

Archived