amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Oct 9-13 2013 nor'easter obs/disco

Ian

• Replies 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just had what had to be one of my top 5 worst commutes to work.  Between 8:30 and 9:00 am it was raining sheets  in Northern Baltimore County from Parkton to Hereford.  Not much wind but some of the heaviest rain I have ever experienced in my life for that 30 minutes.  Visibility was no more than 10 feet at times and tons of cars just pulled over with hazards.  Incredible amount of rain!  Yesterday we had 2.25, overnight another 2.5, and if that line went over mby I would not be surprised if when it is all said and done this storm produces some double digit totals.  INSANE. 

Just had what had to be one of my top 5 worst commutes to work.  Between 8:30 and 9:00 am it was raining sheets  in Northern Baltimore County from Parkton to Hereford.  Not much wind but some of the heaviest rain I have ever experienced in my life for that 30 minutes.  Visibility was no more than 10 feet at times and tons of cars just pulled over with hazards.  Incredible amount of rain!  Yesterday we had 2.25, overnight another 2.5, and if that line went over mby I would not be surprised if when it is all said and done this storm produces some double digit totals.  INSANE. 

this thing has definitely taken on sub-tropical characteristics

Oh yeah, you drove through some of the heaviest rain this part of Baltimore county has gotten since the event started. My husband left for work (which is in Hunt Valley) at 8am, took him 45 minutes to get there! Usually takes him 20 minutes top.

Was expecting it. 

FLOOD WARNING
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE BALTIMORE MD/WASHINGTON DC
1006 AM EDT FRI OCT 11 2013

MDC013-021-112000-
/O.NEW.KLWX.FA.W.0097.131011T1406Z-131011T2000Z/
/00000.0.ER.000000T0000Z.000000T0000Z.000000T0000Z.OO/
FREDERICK MD-CARROLL MD-
1006 AM EDT FRI OCT 11 2013

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN STERLING VIRGINIA HAS ISSUED A

* FLOOD WARNING FOR...
CARROLL COUNTY IN NORTH CENTRAL MARYLAND