joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Oct 9-13 2013 nor'easter obs/disco

Ian

• Replies 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have been drenched in bands several times yesterday, last evening and now today. Only a few miles from you! now at 3.4 total.

Tired of the rain, I liked the drought much better.

Par for the course; Stephens City is usually the dryest of the surrounding area.  Winchester and Strasburg have also far surpassed our total.  If you like storms and precip, then this town ain't for you.

Up to 1.73" for the 3-day total.  Not disappointed that I missed out on the 4+ inch totals, but still smh why we are so much drier than the surrounding area.

Over 4" now for the last few days. Perfect for the ground.

Pretty amazing localized difference - I am 10 miles from Leesburg and I am at 2.50 for the last few days (0.70 today so far).  Must have been that first band on the first day that made the difference - we hadn't seen any rain yet when you were already over an inch.

Pretty amazing localized difference - I am 10 miles from Leesburg and I am at 2.50 for the last few days (0.70 today so far).  Must have been that first band on the first day that made the difference - we hadn't seen any rain yet when you were already over an inch.

Noteworthy cutoff from Carroll to Montgomery.  Some place had close to 7" of rain but it's under 2.5" here in Montgomery.

Archived