amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Oct 9-13 2013 nor'easter obs/disco

Ian

• Replies 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is there a meso low or something in SoMD? Looks like it the way the returns are spinning down there. Seems like the rain might get a bit more spotty unless this next area fills in (which it might already be doing). 

I saw that and figured an upper level feature since everything since to be rotating around it

wowzers!

look at Harrisburg and they're still pouring

http://w1.weather.gov/data/obhistory/KMDT.html

Broke rainfall record for yesterday, 4.08" fell, topping the 1894 record of 1.5". Reports we had 3" more from midnight to 6am. currently its not raining, but looks like another round incoming. Many local streets are flooded, i have heard numerous water rescues this am, as well as the typical basement flooding and multiple trees down.

Is there a meso low or something in SoMD? Looks like it the way the returns are spinning down there. Seems like the rain might get a bit more spotty unless this next area fills in (which it might already be doing). 

We're in a sweet spot right now. Small center of circ @ 700/500 with nice vorticity and lift. Very small feature and we're in the bullseye. Yay us!

Yesterday recorded 2.89" just before I went up to bed at 10pm. My station reset at midnight and so far today have 0.24" recorded. (3.13 total)

Just had a heavy band come though for school drop off. Luckily got home to see that my 2nd graders walking tour of Frederick field trip was cancelled. It had been rain or shine but looks like they would have dealt with light rain but not downpours. She will not be happy but I am. She is just getting over a cold and walking around in this stuff would for sure not have been good for her. 

Meh...Lancaster County has a good swift water rescue team.  Not really a big deal, just a few days of rain and the public can't drive for bunk.  Just broke 2" in Gaithersburg.

:lol: yes, multiple swift rescues is certainly not a big deal

wtf has happened to you?

Archived