• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
April 12 wintry event.

CoastalWx

I think it does stand for pellets...but I have noticed that PL obs almost always come from sites with an observer. The sites with no observer seem to never report PL (ORH is an example, they have no observer to augment obs).

What happened to IP?  I wasn't around for the transition to the new format but in the old days it was IP for sleet.  L was for drizzle.

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow they are getting blistered by pellets at WaWa...webcam showed the grass well about an hour ago but those spots have all turned white now when I just checked it.

It must be sleeting back home too on the hill, but don't know for sure.

Wow they are getting blistered by pellets at WaWa...webcam showed the grass well about an hour ago but those spots have all turned white now when I just checked it.

It must be sleeting back home too on the hill, but don't know for sure.

Rain/sleet here at work in Leominster. Our bldg has one of those pitched metal roofs in section and I saw some chunks of accum sleet slide off...lol

Wife chimed in that it is snowing at her work in Gardner.

All snow at this point.  Just pixie flakes blowing around now.  Some decent flakes at times.

Interesting...there's definitely some low level snowgrowth occurring beneath the inversion on the east slope due to easterly upslope. We've had some weenie flakes mixed in here too, but still mostly sleet. Intensity has lessened though.

Archived