12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
April 12 wintry event.

CoastalWx

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mixed RA/IP reached AUG about 1:30.  They had 36/17 at 1P, so I'd expect the temp to drop below 32 fairly soon.  Updated GYX map showed almost all Franklin County forecast for 4-6", wit a few lollis of 6-8" in the NE part of the cty.  Only two towns with 2-4" shown - Coburn Gore, up by the border, and New Sharon.  ;(

NS has 4-6" on it's south end, reasonable as that's Mile Hill/Kennebec Highlands country.  However, other than that, the bit of SE Franklin 2-4" almost exactly follows the NS town line.  I've seen these maps with the "NS stepdown" before, and they usually verify.  However, even 2-4" seems a stretch if it's all IP - would require about 0.7" LE minimum and I don't think we're supposed to get quite that much.

Tomorrow's one of those days where it might be down right chilly on the hill tops that poke 1,000 K, but places around the CP of eastern Mass are like 15F warmer in backyards. 

Still looks like a nice day is wedged in there, before the trough axis and residual cold pool slip through on Sunday.  BOS has 850's ~ 0C by late afternoon tomorrow, with west wind around 10mph, and both R3 and R5 support at least partial sun.  Could see temps bouncing to 60F or even more, while the roof top of the Berks are hung up at 45.  

Mixed RA/IP reached AUG about 1:30.  They had 36/17 at 1P, so I'd expect the temp to drop below 32 fairly soon.  Updated GYX map showed almost all Franklin County forecast for 4-6", wit a few lollis of 6-8" in the NE part of the cty.  Only two towns with 2-4" shown - Coburn Gore, up by the border, and New Sharon.  ;(

NS has 4-6" on it's south end, reasonable as that's Mile Hill/Kennebec Highlands country.  However, other than that, the bit of SE Franklin 2-4" almost exactly follows the NS town line.  I've seen these maps with the "NS stepdown" before, and they usually verify.  However, even 2-4" seems a stretch if it's all IP - would require about 0.7" LE minimum and I don't think we're supposed to get quite that much.

Wow, to get IP in August is impressive ... 

The snow obs are all in the back third of the precip...so I think Scooter and I's explanation of most of the lift being below 850mb explains it well. There were some very cold temps in that 900mb range...enough to produce ice crystals.

Archived