EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
Rockin' March

Ian

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Back to forum unrest. What's good for Richmond is awful for Balt and areas around Balt. DC seems to make out okay in either instance, but we don't up here. If we cash in IMBY, it looks like Richmond wouldn't. And vice versa. 

I want to say I am rooting for midlo and those folks but...notsomuch. 

I'm just going to hit my modem with a mallet and not watch the weather for the next few days.  I've been ignoring the models for the past week and I just found out this storm threat exists tonight.  I read the most current two pages on the models thread to introduce myself to it, hit refresh, and then saw the newest NAM panel gutting the qpf north of Baltimore.  Yes, taking precip verbatim from the NAM is nuts this far out, but the moral of this story is that I need to go away so the weather can be good.  Nobody else break it while I'm out.  Thanks in advance.

Have to rant about this here. So all day, 2 hobbyists Weenies have said opposing things - One said the system would come north and point every little thing that he could find to support it (his back yard). I never believed it would go any further North, but then again, a stronger and wetter system COULD make the precip sheild north. So we had some precip move north today and you have the weenie Blah blah blah...

Then you have the other weenie saying the EURO will win and relentlessly trying to show why and hugging the EURO. Then NOVA/DC gets the Bulls Eye and I am like - there you go!

Since the NAM shifted one of these 2 arrogant weenies will be like - Told ya! The famous "As I have been saying all along...blah blah blah!"

Ok - I HATE THAT! It is wishcasting and maybe it comes true -- but really... stop the arrogant crap.. you did not know what you were talking about.. They always say "I have a feeling.. or a gut call..." Come on folks... read the meteorologists, do some extrapolations, look at the data. Stop hugging a model...Stop acting like a feeling was some meteorological geniusness that you just have...

And now that I have said that.. I am hugging the model with the most QPF in my back yard... it is the 18Z NAM FTW... all other models will finally catch on and the NAM just had a blip.... LOL!

Done!

BTW - all that know me know I am a weenie too - but I hope I am never an arrogant one!

I'll be honest. I'm not rooting for Richmond in the least bit and wouldn't be happy if they cashed in.  I'm rooting for the 18z GFS to be correct when all is said and done.  I selfishly want the bullseye over NoVA/DC.

North, South, West, even the beaches east have gotten more snow in the last couple years than the metro area. Screw em all.

Archived