EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
Rockin' March

Ian

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah it comes together different but what it does to the south is similar.

I was thinking the same thing a couple days ago with the precip maps. I was like feb 10? but a different road getting there. It's been over 3 years since I've seen a pivoting deform band of snow on radar here. I spent the entire psu storm in bed with a 103 fever and the flu. I couldn't think straight let alone track the storm. 

Most import run of the euro in the history of the planet of the united states of the world coming up in a few. 

I was thinking the same thing a couple days ago with the precip maps. I was like feb 10? but a different road getting there. It's been over 3 years since I've seen a pivoting deform band of snow on radar here. I spent the entire psu storm in bed with a 103 fever and the flu. I couldn't think straight let alone track the storm.

Most import run of the euro in the history of the planet of the united states of the world coming up in a few.

I mentioned it a few times the last day or two. A lot of the 'look' is how we get slammed and there is a hard cutoff to the north.. Tho I suppose that part is still in question.

As noted the CIPS analogs had both feb 9 and feb 6 in them. So it's kinda like a mesh of the two.. Feb 9 type drop in turnin into a feb 5-6 like event.

If it was a month earlier...

When do the watches go up? After the 0z runs tonight I am guessing.

If/when they do and when this is somewhat more nailed down, one would think tomorrow at some point.  I think the upper limit on lead time is 48 hours out, if I'm not mistaken.  And I've only seen that in very extreme situations where it's truly a lock (Feb. 5-6, 2010 comes to mind, and I believe Jan 1996 and the 1993 Superstorm, watches were put up way in advance).

Tomm afternoon most likely.  Slight chance in the AM

Maybe LWX can make up for that awful call on expanding a watch up into the DC metro area back in late January.  After one or two great looking NAM runs but just about every model screamed suppression.  Of course we barely saw a flake or two, if that.  I know they had to play it cautious, but that was one of the more bizzarre calls I can remember and I think a lot of people were a bit shocked on this board.  Seems a special wx statement of some sort would have been good in that case as a start.

I have a feeling LWX is going to bungle this one. After that last AFD where they talked about rain all the way to the Blue Ridge it would appear they are locked-in to a bearish course. 

Isnt that usually good news for us?  No disrespect to LWX, but usually when they are like this... its good for us

This is truly the best chance for a MECS in The DC area in years.

I've been debating flying up to my mom's in Vienna, VA for this, but my threshold is 24"+.

If I spent $400 and a couple of vacation days on this and got only 18-20" (which is optimistic given time of year), I probably will be quite disappointed because I've seen my share of 22-28" storms.

Did they really name it that???

TWC = Saturn

CWG = Snowquester...officially - even got a whole post on CWG :lol: 

Don't get me wrong - I love that whole group and they are good forecasters...but come on! Let followers be gained by your forecasts not by your social media skills :P

I like how the fans commenting are playing up the "playing up the humor" - poor reason

Archived