Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Rockin' March

Ian

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we get nailed down here you're more than welcome to visit. We can take pictures of my cul-de-sac.

Haha. You guys are looking good right now. Hold the 18z gfs and we both will be happy. Chased snow twice this year and it was great but i love snow at home. I live at 482' west of DC but i work wednesday in arlington. Excited for the next few days of modeling

Not sure it means much, but while walking to a neighbors house two large flocks of geese were flying South. Just thought it was interesting. Probably means nothing.

A lot of geese don't migrate these days since there is abundant food thanks to us. Or winter was delayed and its gonna snow thru June.

Lolz

I work in a think tank where everyone disagrees with eachother all the time to find better answers. This place is like 98% group think at times. Same **** happened to me last night. Everyone here wants to be crushed.. And it's potentially critical you get totally walloped in this situation. His fears are no less rational than those who are already planning on digging out from 2'.

I work in a think tank where everyone disagrees with eachother all the time to find better answers. This place is like 98% group think at times. Same **** happened to me last night. Everyone here wants to be crushed.. And it's potentially critical you get totally walloped in this situation. His fears are no less rational than those who are already planning on digging out from 2'.

okie dokie

He'd be fine if he didn't follow it up with a proud declaration that he is merely the messenger analyzing a model.

If he's the messenger, he's a mighty fine IMBY-whiny-wishcasting one.

What Ian said. Marginal is NOT gonna work. And marignal is gonna be somewhere in the .75 range I think. Need to be under ripping bands. So mitch isn't wrong to point that out for his area. For the people in central VA and over to DC, run after run takes some of that worry away from those folks. But I am not sure why mitch is getting such **** for pointing out that issue for some. 

What Ian said. Marginal is NOT gonna work. And marignal is gonna be somewhere in the .75 range I think. Need to be under ripping bands. So mitch isn't wrong to point that out for his area. For the people in central VA and over to DC, run after run takes some of that worry away from those folks. But I am not sure why mitch is getting such **** for pointing out that issue for some.

Look at the snow map. He is right.

A general rule on message boards- anyone who portrays himself/herself as a victim is not a victim.

Crazy oversimplification. You are smart enough to see how people get ambushed if they aren't a 'respected met' and say something non snow friendly.

But he isn't supposed to say it, apparently. And the change that led to that for his part of the area showed up early given that piece of energy that hung on up in Maine. That was a theme in the drier fringier runs last night too for up this way.

If you aren't in elevation SW or W of DC it's hard to be super confident in anything IMO. Today was good overall but still at least 36 hours to go IMO. I'd still be really cautious IMBY of thinking too far past 2-4 in a good scenario. Could get more but plenty of things can go wrong.

Crazy oversimplification. You are smart enough to see how people get ambushed if they aren't a 'respected met' and say something non snow friendly.

I don't think it's an over-simplification. This has nothing to do with the message or the content- it has everything to do with how someone is saying it and how someone acts on here. 

He can more than handle his own business in his own smug, back-patting way. From the QBO crap from last season to the way the spat with Leesburg ended, it's clear he feels he "wins" each disagreement on here. So, I don't see the need to indulge a victim routine....

Archived