• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    mowsee447
    Newest Member
    mowsee447
Rockin' March

Ian

Boy DT sure makes the euro ensembles sound a heck of a lot more fun than Ian did...lol

i decipher the models unemotionally.. people seem to take issue to that

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i decipher the models unemotionally.. people seem to take issue to that

His interpretation is fairly unemotional.....it's just really juicy...like heavy juicy...I didn't get that impression from yours. Doesn't matter anyway and is not an indictment or an endorsement of either

His interpretation is fairly unemotional.....it's just really juicy...like heavy juicy...I didn't get that impression from yours. Doesn't matter anyway and is not an indictment or an endorsement of either

i just took a look.. he's definitely stretching it a bit. they look good but drier than op, with snow accum a bit further east. dc is still more or less on the 4-8" line but a little closer where op might be 3-4".  the max area is 12-18" with a bigger 8-12" area around it. not to mention it seems kind of unlikely we're going to avg 10:1 everywhere. i abhor hype.. i'd rather be totally dry and have people complain that im a downer or whatever silly thing they choose.

Yes exactly i am on my phone overseas and this swift key sucks, is it any better than the regular Nam at all?.

Actually yes, it is quite decent for certain things.  It's a 4 km model, so targeted to address local, convective, small scale features, etc.  It still doesn't have its own assimilation (similar to the HRRR) so that hinders its usefulness.  

Actually yes, it is quite decent for certain things. It's a 4 km model, so targeted to address local, convective, small scale features, etc. It still doesn't have its own assimilation (similar to the HRRR) so that hinders its usefulness.

Thanks for the explanation.

So, yesterday we toss the 18z gfs and today we hug it? Silly weenies

Don't worry someone said yesterday in that case everyone would run to the more realistic solution.

Slow, deep breaths, Bob.

I was mostly expecting a big hit with 18z. Many things went in our favor today. I didn't think the 18z would reverse it this time. That will be 0z's job.

One nice takeaway was the first 60 hours of each model showed pretty much the same thing. That's an important window with this storm. I think chances of a massive shift are getting close to being over. Too bad we can still get royally shafted by a subtle shift.

Archived