Dump Trump
Rockin' March

Ian

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TWC = Saturn

CWG = Snowquester...officially - even got a whole post on CWG :lol: 

Don't get me wrong - I love that whole group and they are good forecasters...but come on! Let followers be gained by your forecasts not by your social media skills :P

I like how the fans commenting are playing up the "playing up the humor" - poor reason

no way im calling the storm snowquester.. ridonculous.

TWC = Saturn

CWG = Snowquester...officially - even got a whole post on CWG :lol: 

Don't get me wrong - I love that whole group and they are good forecasters...but come on! Let followers be gained by your forecasts not by your social media skills :P

I like how the fans commenting are playing up the "playing up the humor" - poor reason

:axe: :axe: :axe: :axe: :axe: :axe: :axe::bag: :bag: :bag: :bag: :bag: :bag: :bag: :bag: :bag: :bag: :bag: :bag: :bag: :bag: :bag: :bag: :bag:

You should also tell whoever is posting that hashtags don't work on Facebook ;) 

You've got a power house team over there - these kinds of things make me sad. But I understand it's to gain followers and make a presence on Twitter. Not easy to hashtag "March Snowstorm of 2013"

The only reason I don't like the name is that the questration is about cutting a budget... Here we're all ready on a "questrated" (actually, more like castrated) snow budget.

Now we have a chance to pop our 2 inch cherry and we call is snowquester? No make sense it does!

Any ideas when this may start in the BWI area. We have a flight to Manchester, NH out Wednesday at 10 am and we want to change it to Tuesday night (8pm). Do you think that will be good or should I push it earlier? Thanks!

Even with that your pushing it. But your sure as heck better off with that than Wed @ 10AM. If you can, try to get a flight before 4PM on Tues.

This has all the makings of some serious heartbreak....yeesh..some outlet will call for 12-18 in some area and all they will get is rain and a slushy inch....you watch

I think if the bullseye ends up in the south central VA it will underperform. If the bullseye ends up around DC/BWI you'll see maximized amounts out of the usual spots in northern MD and northern VA.

This is truly the best chance for a MECS in The DC area in years.

I've been debating flying up to my mom's in Vienna, VA for this, but my threshold is 24"+.

If I spent $400 and a couple of vacation days on this and got only 18-20" (which is optimistic given time of year), I probably will be quite disappointed because I've seen my share of 22-28" storms.

I can't see a scenario where we even remotely approach 24" in the western beltway burbs.  Even if we somehow end up on the high side of QPF guidance, we still can't get past the fact that the surface will be 32-34 and the ratios will stink. 

I can't see a scenario where we even remotely approach 24" in the western beltway burbs.  Even if we somehow end up on the high side of QPF guidance, we still can't get past the fact that the surface will be 32-34 and the ratios will stink. 

That's my thinking as well, but it's still an exciting storm to track!  If I still lived there, I would be happy to get 6"+ because y'all haven't had much fortitude with winters there.

Still, someone might get 18"+ somewhere in VA (thinking higher elevations like blue ridge).

Archived