• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dump Trump
    Newest Member
    Dump Trump
Rockin' March

Ian

The canadian is almost identical to the GFS and NAM..The Euro and British model are alone right now. I'm not saying they are not right. Just they are alone.

I'm not saying that either.  I was just saying that for most of us, we are holding our breath with each gfs run hoping that this doesn't suddenly look like the euro.  I'm only saying that it's happened before.

We all know that models aren't going to get this dead-on, but us weenies are hoping that one is going to outperform another.  Me? I want the gfs.  Huff and those well south of DC?  The euro. 

As a weenie, my guess is that it's something in between but I have nothing to offer to support that.

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not saying that either.  I was just saying that for most of us, we are holding our breath with each gfs run hoping that this doesn't suddenly look like the euro.  I'm only saying that it's happened before.

We all know that models aren't going to get this dead-on, but us weenies are hoping that one is going to outperform another.  Me? I want the gfs.  Huff and those well south of DC?  The euro. 

As a weenie, my guess is that it's something in between but I have nothing to offer to support that.

The euro is still 10 inches out here for me. At this point I will be shocked if I dont see at least 6 inches from this.

NBC 4 Doug Kamerer? led the 6 p.m. newscast by talking about the potential storm.  But only said Wednesday will likely be "the most significant" snow of the year for many. 

that's a tough call

that's a tough call

He got a bit bolder during his regular weather segment. He showed a map that had southern Maryland in a "rain to snow" zone. The I-95 corridor was in "mix to snow" zone and said it "could be significant." He then had the extreme NW tip of DC, most of Montgomery, Fairfax and points west in a "significant snow" zone and said by "significant" he means at least 4 inches and perhaps quite a bit more.

I would be happier right now if there was a second hecs on the heels like Feb 2010.

i think at this range we still didn't know. it started to really come together as that storm was happening/ending. so.. in other words.. give it a few days.

i think at this range we still didn't know. it started to really come together as that storm was happening/ending. so.. in other words.. give it a few days.

18z gfs kinda reloads down the line. Getting later so more miracles would have to happen inside of a miracle. Maybe the d9 cutter ends up below us. You know, models not handling the blocking properly and stuff.

Archived