• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Feb 27th threat - to be discussed in time, but it should tend to more Miller B

Typhoon Tip

I don't think there's ever been a troll post from Phil that Scooter hasn't pig piled on or vice versa. It's like they're both sitting there naked on their leather sofas waiting for each other to troll post me. As soon as one does the other ones laptop rises and a joint troll post soon follows. And most times Ryan is involved with them as well. Three naked mets, 3 laptops, 3 filthy sofas and a bunch of trolling

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think there's ever been a troll post from Phil that Scooter hasn't pig piled on or vice versa. It's like they're both sitting there naked on their leather sofas waiting for each other to troll post me. As soon as one does the other ones laptop rises and a joint troll post soon follows. And most times Ryan is involved with them as well. Three naked mets, 3 laptops, 3 filthy sofas and a bunch of trolling

You poor, poor thing.

I've probably got about 85% cover here too. Average depth is probably 5-6" of heavy mashed potatoes. But select sloping south facing lawns are bare. Last bit of snow on roofs will be gone by the end of this storm.

Kev, what's your snowpack like? I know we tend to get similar quanties of snow throught the winter, but you had more from the blizzard.

Meh, seems like pretty much everyone busted in SNE from what I can see, not sure why there's an orgy on Kevin's carcass.  Schools were delayed for rain based on forecasts of snow and I've watched BOX drop that snow graphic faster than I can remember.

well the good news is, you can take your mower over to Tolland and cut his grass now that his snow has melted away.

I've probably got about 85% cover here too. Average depth is probably 5-6" of heavy mashed potatoes. But select sloping south facing lawns are bare. Last bit of snow on roofs will be gone by the end of this storm.

Kev, what's your snowpack like? I know we tend to get similar quanties of snow throught the winter, but you had more from the blizzard.

There was 8-11 inches depending on where in the yard you were. It'll Prob be down to 6-7 total by tonite

Meh, seems like pretty much everyone busted in SNE from what I can see, not sure why there's an orgy on Kevin's carcass.  Schools were delayed for rain based on forecasts of snow and I've watched BOX drop that snow graphic faster than I can remember.

It depends which guidance one chose to use.   Not you per se, but one should not pretend they are not biasing their opinions in favor of the snowier solutions, then blame those guidance types when a system doesn't work out that way.   ...Meanwhile, the warmer solutions are trash talked - it reminds me of the toothy rabble amid an old English court-yard, with their fabled belief systems..

Wind has been howling all morning here, Upton should have put out a wind advisory no question, I don't have an anometer but HPN is reporting gusts in the 40s, and they are inland 10 miles or so, so down here on the coast I wouldn't be suprised if we hit 50 mph. Rain right now, coming down fast but light.

-skisheep

It depends which guidance one chose to use.   Not you per se, but one should not pretend they are not biasing their opinions in favor of the snowier solutions, then blame those guidance types when a system doesn't work out that way.   

I just based my opinion on the Euro...which right until he end happened to be snowier. If it was showing otherwise a day or 2out, I would have still gone with it.

I failed, the NAM won.  I don't know why it figured it out when the King had trouble...althugh it still took a little while for t to catch on as well.

It depends which guidance one chose to use.   Not you per se, but one should not pretend they are not biasing their opinions in favor of the snowier solutions, then blame those guidance types when a system doesn't work out that way.   ...Meanwhile, the warmer solutions are trash talked - it reminds me of the toothy rabble amid an old the court-yard, with their fabled belief systems..

When the warmer solution has busted 18/20 times this winter..it's tough to take it seriously..esp when the euro and gfs were both colder. However, clearly by late aftn and evening yesterday..it appeared the NAM might actually be closer to correct.

It still busted out west and in the Catskills, but was closer to being correct here.

When the warmer solution has busted 18/20 times this winter..it's tough to take it seriously..esp when the euro and gfs were both colder. However, clearly by late aftn and evening yesterday..it appeared the NAM might actually be closer to correct.

It still busted out west and in the Catskills, but was closer to being correct here.

Yeah, not intended as an indictment or defense of any model, just sayin' - collectively there is less objectivity when it comes to specifically, snow.  Just my personal observation.   

That said, I knew it was over when I saw the WV imagery at 11pm.  The NAM, with it's more aggressive warm punch aloft, nailed the UL position perfectly in E Indiana - the sucker must have just up and turned left!   It was moving nicely due east earlier in the evening ... giving the delusion it was going to call the NAM's bluff.   NOPE.  I observe this frequently with tropical systems, too.  Where you look at 3 hours of loop and it clearly has changed trajectory, only to go out and come back 3 hours later and it's right back where it was before and you're going ... how in the hell! 

Anyway, once the position was attained, -NAO or not, there was going to be more NW intrusion in my mind.  By the way, the NAO is not being handled well in my opinion.  I don't see a lot of evidence of blocking in the day leading up to this event, so establishing a slightly NW position in line with the NAM is actually reasonable in postmortem.  The better actual "block" is more in the middle/extended range in the modeling leading up to this thing.   I think you and I mentioned that it may be more easterly based earlier on ...  red flag -

Anyway, once the position was attained, -NAO or not, there was going to be more NW intrusion in my mind.  By the way, the NAO is not being handled well in my opinion.  I don't see a lot of evidence of blocking in the day lead up to this event, so establishing a slightly NW position in line with the NAM is actually reasonable in postmortem.  The better actually "block" is more in the middle/extended range in the modeling leading up to this thing.   I think you and I mentioned that it may be more easterly based earlier on ...  red flag -

I noticed that too. In the days leading up to it, the high heights built through Davis Straight after this event was already underway or pulling east, rather than earlier runs that showed these heights already in place.

I noticed that too. In the days leading up to it, the high heights built through Davis Straight after this event was already underway or pulling east, rather than earlier runs that showed these heights already in place.

exactly - 

There was a PV batting down the heights in this region...definitely something that became visible over the last 5 days.

Archived