• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Feb 27th threat - to be discussed in time, but it should tend to more Miller B

Typhoon Tip

Good reason we have guidance. Important not to fall in love with one solution Kevin. Even I thought the euro was right but once 00z came in figured it would fold. Sucks for you guys out there in the interior.

No big deal. You win some you lose some..and you look for the next one..which is a few inches tomorrow night. It does suck that the one next week misses south.That could have been big

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol. We try to warn him. He Just doesn't think we know anything.

Lesson learned.

I'm not melting down at all lol..you guys had essentially the same forecast i did..Scott had me at 2-4 and Phil had me at 1-2.. 

You guys busted . Ryan busted. 

It happens.

Let's not try and act like you had good forecasts and I didn't.

Lol. We try to warn him. He Just doesn't think we know anything.

Lesson learned.

I'm not melting down at all lol..you guys had essentially the same forecast i did..Scott had me at 2-4 and Phil had me at 1-2..

It happens.

Snow, sleet, back to snow?

I was too conservative with the warming coming in.

It happens.

LOL that was yesterday morning. But my point is that we have guidance to help us weigh the forecast. You can't always look at one model. I did think the euro would be more correct but when the Mesos and 00z came in..it was clear it would be warm. Even the 18 gfs was too cold. Nam had the right idea, go figure. I certainly was wrong on that.

It happens.

I had 1"-2" for you... my forecast was literally 100% better than yours lol. 

With the exception of a minor snafu of issuing a Watch for this area then putting out a map calling for 1-2", BOX, and the eastern Region in general, did an excellent job sniffing this one out. It was a gutsy call going with the NAM after it's horrendous performance just a few days earlier, but I give them extra credit for doing so.  Score one for the pros.  Bust for me pretty much all around except for the timing.  Amherst still below 40" tick tick tick

Box will have gotten their call for out here verifying. They had me 2-4", MPM 4-6" nothing much S of here. Seems good.

I think NAM win Euro loss just makes following winter events more exciting when no model is a lock. Meteorology not Modelology FTW.

Looks like all rain to me on the Greenfield webcam.

http://www.wwlp.com/subindex/weather/webcams

Looks like all rain to me on the Greenfield webcam.

http://www.wwlp.com/subindex/weather/webcams

Yeah, it flipped to rain around 6am and went back and forth until about 8am.  2" here about 3" in Leyden so to me that verifies the low end of the Box map for this area.

Not sure if it was less in downtown Greenfield b/c of elevation difference between my house and there but I would think it was pretty uniform based on the school delays and closings.

Not sure I even experienced a flake. Went to bed at 35/29 around 11:30, woke up to rain at 5:30.

Just dropped the kids off at school and contemplated the 100 mile journy north to work from the cabin or ski. It's nice to see it snowing there on my neighbors webcam, but sucks to not be there. Oh well, off to work

Archived