12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Feb 17/18 Storm Threat - Discussion

mahk_webstah

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, for a little while we can still "flip" and eek out an event or three, even if they are just relativel minor ones...

Remember, it snows into April in New England...    but things are just so flat it seems.

We got the blizzard and the torch/flood a couple of weeks ago. Other than that...

Well, for a little while we can still "flip" and eek out an event or three, even if they are just relativel minor ones...

Remember, it snows into April in New England...    but things are just so flat it seems.

We got the blizzard and the torch/flood a couple of weeks ago. Other than that...

I feel satiated after that blizz. Sure I want snow, but that filled me up.

It's been mostly rain storms - if that's your bag

The last two nogaps runs have actually been pretty snowy, especially if you correct for the inaccurate low level temps on the model.  Sure eastern SNE rains a lot on the 12z, but it's close to a snow bomb as is and western sections get major snow.  Not a great model for the finer details to be sure, but considering that it's on the western end of guidance, a marginal rain setup isn't so bad.

The blizzard was great. Not 78 great, but great nonetheless.  We're only 2.5 weeks from March and the beginning of golf season.  Bring on the torch and black flies.

No thanks. February is a winter month and March can bring big snows. I'll take torches after April 1st. Although usually April and May suck here.

For that you need to look at a weenie model:  (By the way, the FIM was a bit better (just eyeballing it during last storm) than the GFS.

3hap_sfc_f132.png

GGEM, NoGAPS, and FIM.....what a motley crew!!!!

I just checked on the NOAA site and found that the FIM is actually performing better with 500mb verifications scores at this particular moment in time than the GFS.  Interesting. 

Archived