Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Feb 17/18 Storm Threat - Discussion

mahk_webstah

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

have to watch the midday model runs on this. euro seems to be making steps aloft. think there's a legit threat, at least for the eastern half of SNE. 

Yeah I almost tossed the idea yesterday, but the models did have an explosive look. Nice to see the s/w dig enough for cyclogenesis overnight.

Well well well...ASOUT..the Saturday clipper is going to deliver. Snow starts Friday night and it's a snowy Saturday..and then we have Tuesday snows

Dnt tell anyone but I begged off my trip to dc for a meeting Tuesday. Losing work to blizzard and all....have to stay in Boston. ;)

Hes back. Calling for Saturday to miss north and Tuesday rain and 50's. the fun Scooter was good for 1 storm

Lets not lie, I'm mentioning possibilties. The euro argues for that too...but lets see what the midday runs do. 850 low gets going a bit too late, but H7 closes off overhead. Would be a hellacious band on the GFS. 

Regionwide, for days and days.

Actually does look good for Maine at the moment -- but as I said earlier, I'm suspicious of how the GFS and NAM show it getting there. Hopefully the King will give his blessing at 12z.

Euro popped it late as well, The county had the highest precip total

Theres more to New England than Boston

Of course, but it seems tough to get your mostly snow. Perhaps a little sn or ice briefly, then rain. Maybe if somehow a low develops along the front well SE it flips to snow before it ends, but you know how those go. Probably 10%c chance of that.

Archived