joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 17/18 Storm Threat - Discussion

mahk_webstah

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What seems clear is that a trough will move towards and over New England and a surface low will form somewhere but models have different evolution.  This morning's HPC has a primary in eastern nye with a secondary forming off Jersey and then a 996 low just off the ME coast on Sunday morning.  GYX is vague, calling for a chance of snow showers.  BOX is leaning HPC/Euro with some sort of storm off the coast.

It's too far out for the NAM.

Ok, but seriously ... Euro does not buy what GFS sells.

Thanks. Still time to change its mind.

Epic storm or no, it would be nice to cover up those unsightly wind-blown bare patches. Sledding with the kids yesterday was surprisingly hit-or-miss considering that we just had a record snowfall (always something to complain about!).

The next two weeks or so definitely offer chances with srn stream and potential -NAO. That's why you see the models show threats...ptype aside. After two weeks, looks like it goes to crap.

Wish we could keep the long-range "winter cancel" posts out of the mid-month snow chance discussions. I just want to enjoy this stretch without feeling like there's a guillotine hanging over my head!

Archived