amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
January 17th-18th Winter Storm Observations

WilkesboroDude

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems like the transition has stalled its progression momentarily. Will have to see what the deformation band can do. If it still hasn't progressed much in the next hour or so, those in the Piedmont should be a little worried. Changeover in CLT was forecast around 8 pm.

Seems like the transition has stalled its progression momentarily. Will have to see what the deformation band can do. If it still hasn't progressed much in the next hour or so, those in the Piedmont should be a little worried. Changeover in CLT was forecast around 8 pm.

Given the radar backfilling and that band heading east that Panovich pointed out this is still in the realm of possibility. 

Ah neat little feature on the radar. 

If you look at the KGSP radar loop from the last few mins, Right over Donalds, SC in Abbeville county you can see a small little rotation in the reflectivity loop. Just thought that was interesting, and almost seems how this will continue to play out.

Heavy rain and wind still, as we've had for hours here.  I expect the changeover within an hour or two at most.

Radar looks just like it should at this point. The change is forecasted between 7 to 9. Thankfully wilkes has changed over he should be first then frosty power stroke Winston then you then me hopefully. By 8 if that progression hasn't started to unfold I will begin to start worrying.

Awesome!!!!

Waiting....

The radar looks great as it fills back in around the upstate. Really need the temp start crashing. Was think 7pm but.. That might night happen..

edit..

The 850 are starting to makes it way down here. LETS GO BABY!!!!

http://imgur.com/1peRj'>1peRj.gif

I've got SNOW mixing in with the rain right now in Hickory!

Archived